Poll

Should I consider secondary developers?

No, retain the purity. One man, one mod, ein reich!
Yes.

Author Topic: CityRPG  (Read 81924 times)

Will the shadows effect the night/day script beneficially?
Yeah, kompressor has even said he might throw in that fix which is causing the crashes, allowing for much more fluid day/nights.

And do you want just no spawns whatsoever?
Don't put any spawns down. Leave that to me.

Maybe you could have spawn points in every prebuild building :D

I very much like the bus stop spawning.

Keeps you from being loopkilled, + kind of allows you to get a feel for the city once you've spawned enough and had to find your way around.   :iceCream:

Requesting progress report

This has degraded, literally, into the same 3 people making spiteful, uninformed comments about interiors.

Has it not occurred to you guys that interiors and terrains are ugly? Even the most beautiful maps out there for Blockland are using low-resolution textures and are horrible distorted and jaggy.

You guys shouldn't want interiors. You should want bricks to be done better. That should always be the focus. That was something I forgot about CityRPG -- I go through the trouble of adding all these cool RPG elements, but it falls apart because there's no reward for building. There's no reason to build. Not encouraging building in Blockland is always a horrible idea.
maybe if there are eventually buildable vehicles, a vehicle builder job would be cool. people go to you and suggest a vehicle, then you build and they pay. or maybe a landscaper who gets payed for bringing better lighting and view to poorer looking areas of the city.

Any job that involves public construction is in the hands of the mayor.

Private construction would be in the hands of architects, but because players can build themselves, a building job in the private sector would be useless.

Private construction would be in the hands of architects, but because players can build themselves, a building job in the private sector would be useless.
Not entirely. You could hire someone to build a house for you if you are not a good builder. But since how good somebody's building skills are is all opinion, I can't think of any way that could be an actual "Job".

Not entirely. You could hire someone to build a house for you if you are not a good builder. But since how good somebody's building skills are is all opinion, I can't think of any way that could be an actual "Job".
yeah, exactly.
People can already build for money anyways, by establishing deals with freelance architects.

If it's done right, you won't get ripped off. Never give the architect the money before the project's complete, and never build for someone unless they give you the money through steps.

So basically you place a lot, and the builders come by, make plans and build the house?

Albeit it's sort of a good idea, I misread the post :c

I love the idea of the whole building industry, but what protects the builders from screwing up the client's other lots/existing builds?

I love the idea of the whole building industry, but what protects the builders from screwing up the client's other lots/existing builds?
exactly.

that's why it's impossible.

The problem with jobs like the ones suggested is that I simply cannot utilize them. I can't pay people to build. I can't judge quality through scripts.

That's why the job of the Bureaucrat will be essentially to judge builds. They can go around and give tax breaks to builds they like, which can be cashed in at the end of the month for money.

Real-estate will be done through brick events.

I just don't know how else I can really further development of buildings.

Edit: Keeping old lot bricks. New poll.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 08:44:16 PM by CityRPG »

Had a thought about the third-person thing.

I really dislike how easy it is to cheat with 3rd-person while fighting, yet it makes building and other casual activities more difficult if you disable 3rd-person. So how about when a player is engaged in combat they are restricted to first person only?

Combat mode. The instant you fire a gun, you can't go 3rd-person for a x minutes.

Except that would require twice as many datablocks for players.