Poll

Should I consider secondary developers?

No, retain the purity. One man, one mod, ein reich!
Yes.

Author Topic: CityRPG  (Read 81987 times)

Interesting. I keep an eye.

You should make it first-person restricted and you have to buy third-person

This man is a genius.

Ooh thats a good idea!
Aslong as it doesnt cost tooo tooo much

I'll post when there's news. no need to bump.

make so you have to pay 5$ per steps, along with step packs, 100 steps for this much, etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For first/third person, restrict third person when you're carrying firearms. That way it can only be used as a defense mechanism. Doesn't really make sense though.

Another note, rather than restricting the clue system to law officers, I'd love to see it set up with Forensic Kits, so Police Officers can use Forensic Kits to pick up any clues within a certain radius and criminals could use them to dust the clues away. Kits would be sold by a quartermaster, and quartermasters selling kits (or firearms) to anyone not within the Law job-line would be a witness crime.

Have you considered making food item-based rather than service-based? Some form of portable food item sellable by grocers, which can be later consumed on-the-go, as well as various consumables which confer different bonuses (such as energy drinks that allow you to run slightly faster for a limited time, things like that)

Third thought, rather than having the climby-jumpy thing be a job, you could implement a 'perk' system whereby players can earn perks by doing certain things (like achievement unlocks) and one perk may be active at a time. You would only be able to change perks once per 24 hours or so. Things like increased running speed (yes that's another datablock plus another for the energy drink, if your mod is freestanding properly it won't need to be stingy with them) for walking a certain distance every day for a few days, ability to ledge grab and walljump unlocked by climbing above a certain height in an area you don't own or to a specific point on a non-player-owned building, extra health by taking lots of damage in one life (say, 3x your total health, implying you would have to heal up), things like that. Would you consider that valid?

I think that the consumable items/perk thing would change the gameplay from cops-and-robbers with property ownership to more like a full featured RPG, allowing players to customize their behaviour and making reactions a lot less static. Or in less fancy words, I think it would make it more fun and interesting.

Also, are you planning to take code contributions for this similar to how you're doing with ZAPT (private bitbucket repo)? I'm guessing not, since this isn't a public mod and you'd naturally be pretty concerned about it getting leaked. I'd love to look at your code, personally, to see how you're doing things like the crime system and also parkour/climbing (seeing as I made the Agile Player, and more recently a little ledge grab script).

Also, how are you communicating with Monty? Haven't seen that drug-addled bastard online in months.

I like the whole clue idea

*COUGH COUGH LAST POST 1 WEEK AGO COUGH COUGH*

It's just that there's no more conversation. Lost momentum...

But I still can't wait.   ETA? :>

I thought of an amazing idea while taking a massive dump.

I don't know if you'll use it considering cityrpg development has been stagnant the last few weeks, but all the same it's a great idea.

Whenever you'd get pick pocketed or have something stolen from you in CityRPG, even if the cops arrest the guy, he still has your money. You really don't get anything from having the guy arrested. So here's what I suggest:

Make a money laundering service on shady lots that allow a player to clean their trace off of money they steal so that even if they get arrested later it cannot be returned back to the owner. If the criminal gets arrested without laundering their money, it gets automatically wired back to the victim's bank account by the police force. Laundering money can leave a temporary clue.

That is an amazing idea; wow.