Author Topic: Europe-Based Dedicated server hosting service (Concept)  (Read 2546 times)

Hi there,

I am planning to begin renting a dedicated server in the United Kingdom in a fully equipped datacenter. This, I hope, will offer an alternative to Kalphiter's service, boasting a faster connection to players based in Europe.

The service will utilise a secure billing system - ClientExec - using the PayPal payment gateway, A remote server control panel is under construction that will enable the user to access remote console and start/stop the server providing a sustainable service.

Prices considered so far (per month):
~£3.50
~€4.22

~$5.30
(Conversions checked 11/01/2012 DD/MM/YYYY)

Proposed server specifications:
  • 8 GB RAM
  • Quad Core Intel Xeon 2.13 GHz (or Better)
  • 100Mbit/s Uplink
  • OS Windows Server 2008 R2

I have created this topic to propose the idea to the community, obviously, the more people interested, the lower the price can be, within reason.

If anyone has any suggestions or flaws in the idea, or just plain feedback, I would love to see in replies below.

Thank you for your time.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 01:51:25 PM by Fluff-is-back »

Wo wo wo...
Wait a moment...
What's about the speed and all the other details?

If it is for europe people, i would like to know the speed, location of your dedi etc.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 01:45:18 PM by Cajetan »

This looks

*shades*

Fluffy

YEEEAAAAAH

Wo wo wo...
Wait a moment...
What's about the speed and all the other details?

If it is for europe people, i would like to know the speed, location of your dedi etc.

Adding this to OP now.

Also, I am pretty sure the location of the datacenter is in Manchester, I will just confirm this now.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 01:49:17 PM by Fluff-is-back »

Adding this to OP now.
Thanks.

BTW, it must work in the same way like Kalphiter's does. (Console remote access, in other words: "Eval")

Thanks.

BTW, it must work in the same way like Kalphiter's does. (Console remote access, in other words: "Eval")

Of course :P

i am up for this when it opens.

Looking good Fluffy, how many games can you fit on that server?

Can I pay you in toaster items instead?

I always find it hilarious when people try and create their own hosting service and end up asking Kalphiter for help.
I hope this doesn't end up like that.

I always find it hilarious when people try and create their own hosting service and end up asking Kalphiter for help.
I hope this doesn't end up like that.
I doubt Fluffy is incapable, but I don't know how well he can do it.

I'm gonna make a prediction that this will never happen.

I doubt Fluffy is incapable, but I don't know how well he can do it.
Considering Ephialtes capably crashed your entire cluster not too long ago, the same can and should be said about you.

Good luck, Fluffy.

Considering Ephialtes capably crashed your entire cluster not too long ago, the same can and should be said about you.

Good luck, Fluffy.
Wow, your response doesn't even make any sense to what I said.