Author Topic: Used to be able to host...  (Read 1449 times)

Well... I used to be able to host... stopped playing BL for a while, then started playing again... and now I can't host anymore. I didn't change anything in my router settings or anything. I can't host from any other computers either. It just shows up as dead. :(

Rex

Re-port forward?  :cookieMonster:

Omg rex cry because he got a new router, and alas, too lost the ability to host.

Tried re-port forwarding.

So... maybe someone took it off or your blocked it. You might have to disable all firewall. Thats what I have to do. XD

lol Barto, your software firewall (assuming that you use one, even the Windows Firewall counts) may have had it's list of Allowed and Disallowed Programs reset or deleted by accident.

If not, and you are hosting from the DMZ, your network address may have changed so that your address no longer corresponds with the one that your router has set. Try Start -> Run -> "ipconfig" -> Make note of the IPv4 address, now open your router settings and look in any of the advanced tools section, or something similar, for the DMZ setting. Now compare the number IP of the DMZ computer with the one in the "ipconfig" prompt. If these do not match, then replace the address in the router settings with the one that "ipconfig" gives you. You should now be able to host any server you want. Another source of this problem may be the schedule that determines when these ports open and close, make sure that this is automatically adjusted for DST, and change the times accordingly.

Schedule is on always. (as in never turns off). DMZ stuff forgeted up my internet. And the only firewall on is some Symantec thing and I can't open up anything to turn it off, or allow.

That's your problem. I'd just get rid of the Symantec thing and go with ZoneAlarm or something.

1. Set up port forwardings, UDP 28000-28030 to your PC.
2. Allow the application in the firewall, be sure to allow the application listening to the ports 28000-28030 on UDP.
3. Directly open the UDP Ports 28000-28030 in your firewall.

If nothing works, check out if other ports are getting forwarded, if not, well, I also had a router that forgeted up port forwarding some time ago :P

I fixed it some how...not sure how but I can host now.