Author Topic: 2012/01/12 - Blockland / Launcher r1511  (Read 71721 times)

IIRC they have an API for declaring the "application ID", which defaults to the executable path. Simply set the ID of the main game to that of the launcher and the problem is solved.
Yeah, every window has an hInstance or something, and I believe you can link it back to a parent hInstance or something.

I don't know much about the Windows API.

I'm almost positive this exists, it would be a bad choice for them to not include it.

I remember reading the docs for it.

Is it possible for the data block limit to be raised? It's just that there are so many usefull and cool addons out now they seem to exceed the Data Block limit.

Is it possible for the data block limit to be raised? It's just that there are so many usefull and cool addons out now they seem to exceed the Data Block limit.

If you only used useful add-ons, you wouldn't reach the datablock limit. My server has a lot of useful add-ons and quite a bit of other things, and only uses 1554 out of 4096 datablocks.

We need a stickied topic somewhere explaining by exaggeration how "Raising the Data Block limit" is like allowing an elephant to stand on your already full clown car.

If you only used useful add-ons, you wouldn't reach the datablock limit. My server has a lot of useful add-ons and quite a bit of other things, and only uses 1554 out of 4096 datablocks.

I use lots of bricks and normal city vehicles and it still reaches the limit. The reason I have alot is because that way other people can have a better varieties of vehicles.

You realize you can only have 20 vehicles at a time spawned, right? Chances are you have many times the maximum limit the physics engine will allow.

I don't have 20 vehicles spawned. I have to many vehicles enabled but they are for the public, not really for me.

If something is nearly full, you don't fill it up. Nothing can work if there's no room to move. It will break.

Instead of the pinning fixed I'd rather the lighting issues on The Slopes and random texture artifacts to be fixed.

Instead of the pinning fixed I'd rather the lighting issues on The Slopes and random texture artifacts to be fixed.
yeah that's probably a bigger problem anyways haha

And now that that problem has got an official response, back to pinning.

And now that this problem has got an official response, back to pinning.
fixed

Still don't see an issue with it.

I can't read your atrocious handwriting, but I'm pretty sure that's not an issue with Blockland so much as it is Windows.