Author Topic: Family snooped around on my phone  (Read 606 times)

So apparently, my family decided to look at my phone, it was full of a few curse words and some very loving private messages. I understand I don't own my phone completely but it would be nice if they did not check my messages.

More importantly, Im surprised Im not in trouble, they just asked if I could not do it as much. I guess it might be the fact I don't come from a religious family they might be a bit looser.

We're not religious but if she even heard me say a curse word she would flip out and ground my ass to hell.
protip: keep a lock on your phone.

We're not religious but if she even heard me say a curse word she would flip out and ground my ass to hell.
protip: keep a lock on your phone.
Note: Not all phones lock. Mine does but I don't know the lock code.

By default, your phone lock code should be the last four digits of your cell phone number.

I feel really violated and untrusted when my family does that.

Solution: Delete conversations you don't want anybody possibly seeing.
Then again unless you're footing the bill they can get a transcript of all of your sent and received text messages

When my dad went through my phone, he found a conversation between me and another guy describing, quite explicitly, the two of us and some friends getting wasted on rum on a night I told him I was at work.

There were consequences.

When my dad went through my phone, he found a conversation between me and another guy describing, quite explicitly, the two of us and some friends getting wasted on rum on a night I told him I was at work.

There were consequences.

And it's illegal

I feel really violated and untrusted when my family does that.
Exactly how Im feeling right now, lol.

Eh, They're your parents. It's sort of their job.

There were consequences.
I believe the correct way to say that is "Me and a guy", unless you are infact a male as well.

I believe the correct way to say that is "Me and a guy", unless you are infact a male as well.

AND SO IT BEGINS!

>Friend tells me he google imaged human centipede
>Delete conversation

Oh shi---

AND SO IT BEGINS!

My family never looks through my phone because they respect privacy unlike apparently most parents, but they wouldn't get the chance to look through there anyway because I keep my phone with me basically all the time.

You should either do that, or lock your phone in a box or something and keep the key with you always. That way no one can get at it unless they get the key off you somehow, and at least then you would know someone was about to look at it. You can also do this with private stuff/things you're afraid siblings might steal, like money.