Author Topic: Riot Shields?  (Read 2828 times)

I was thinking that there could be a "shield" item on BL, since I got it. I mean with all these guns 'n junk, what do you defend yourself with?

Well I was thinking someone with coding ability could pull a riot shield. That'd probably be the first DEFENSIVE mod out there.

Yeah shields are nice and would be every welcomed.  The vehicles somewhat already protect us in a way if we are in them and maybe the shield could sorta be a vehicle or something.

This is a great idea, if it takes too many hits, it becomes disabled, or you can slash people or shove them out of the way

Yeah, you read my mind. :cookieMonster:

I was actually thinking some *really* tough vehicle, and it'd only be able to be hit from the front. I was think that it could have some serious HP (Like, 5 sniper shots would kill it.)  and it'd kinda work like the horse. You know, it moves like a player.. But it'd be like the skiis in the way of a vehicle/item.

But your ideas are great too XD

Im making armor. I think Space was making a sheild not sure if he's releasing.

I was actually thinking some *really* tough vehicle, and it'd only be able to be hit from the front. I was think that it could have some serious HP (Like, 5 sniper shots would kill it.)  and it'd kinda work like the horse. You know, it moves like a player.. But it'd be like the skiis in the way of a vehicle/item.

But your ideas are great too XD
He partially read my mind.  You read the other half.

For this though you would need items to hold in your left and right hands so you could hold a shield and gun or whatever.

This would be good. As Ronin suggested, allowing melee damage only is pretty simple.

Im making armor. I think Space was making a sheild not sure if he's releasing.

I think a shield would be possible in theory with damage disabled in a specific hitbox but I have no way of making the shots actually hit/bounce off the shield - just making you get no damage if the projectile is in a certain area, like Headshots but No damage instead of x6.

I was gonna make the armor double your health and if your health falls below half the armor is unmounted.

I am attempting to figure out how that makes sense.

That would effectively add 50% to your health, or would just be silly, not sure.

Its only way i can think of doing it. How would you suggest doing it?

use onDamage, if the armor is equipped only half the damage is done?