Author Topic: My password was stolen  (Read 1843 times)

This is fishpen0 posting from a new account.  Someone has stolen my password.  They first posted and used innaproprate language, then they changed all of my account info to inappropriate things.  They then deactivated my account.  I was unable to get my account back through the recovery system, and I have been unable to reactivate the account through my e-mail.  I believe that they have changed my e-mail address and hidden it from view.  I would like to ask badspot to reactivate my account, and send the account password and the activation code to fishpen0@aim.com.
    Also, it seems they used the same password to access my e-mail account (I know that it is a bad idea to use the same password in more than one place, and I assure you that most of my passwords are different.)  Many of you may have received an extremely inappropriate e-mail from my account and I would like to apologise.
    I am assuming whoever did it is a blockland user (they did after all, change my blockland information and post here), and If anyone has any idea how they could have gotten my password please tell me so I can rectify the problem.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 07:53:31 AM by fishpen »

It would of been smarter PM'ing Badspot.

This new account is a "Blockhead" and can't PM.

I believe him, but without proof you are really fishpen0, I don't think he can do that.

No matter what, you're a moron.

IMO If you were to talk Badspot in game as fishpen0 that would be proof enough.

I think hes telling the truth. I went to to Fishpen0's account and saw this:

I don't think the normal Fishpen0 would do that. Also, there are some ways he could have got your password.
#1: Hacking program to veiw the last thing a person has typed.
#2: He lives with you. (Not sure)
#3: He had a lucky guess.
#4: He downright hacked you.
Thats the only ways I know of.

Badspot can see what IP address logs into what accounts, meaning he can see if it was a forum user at least. :P

But did he log IPs? :O

I am fishpen0, and would be completely willing to talk to badspot ingame as fishpen0.  i would just need a time and place.  Also, the original e-mail I signed up with is fishpen0@aim.com, if he has any record of this he would know that.  Also, I would never use such profanities.  My brother can't even turn on a computer and my mom wouldn't do that so the hacker couldn't live with me.  I did a deep system scan with my virus and spyware scanner and it came up with nothing.  I also have not installed any strange/new software on my system in months, so either he downright hacked me or the forum.

Edit:  Ok, I guess that I have been royally hacked, because even though I changed all my passwords whoever did this managed to get back into my e-mail and change the password again.  I am beginning to become very worried...  I however will still be willing to meet badspot ingame to ask him to reactivate my account, and ingame I will ask him to send it to my parents e-mail address... I am very distraught with this whole situation... I wish there was an easier way to prove I am fishpen0.

Edit #2:  I would also like to request that the post from my account on this topic be removed.  I did not post this and I consider it offensive.  http://www.blockland.us/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=7acde7fa23b53418a8ddb4bc55a99c6f&topic=18119.msg253952#msg253952
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 08:00:38 AM by fishpen »

I think he was calling me a moron.  And I don't blame him, it is sort of my fault.  I just fail to see how calling anyone a moron helps the situation... 

Anyway, thanks for deleting that post.

wow, that's bad for you....

did you reset pword hints, someone could hack in easy that way (did it to my sister)