Author Topic: Should I get Star Wars The Old Republic?  (Read 1779 times)

Hell yeah!You know what, I will give it a try. I won't get it right now because I am feeling really tired and my throat hurts so I will download it later.
Tomorrow it goes F2P so probably then.

The game is set after all the series and movies. Worth a shot in any case. You can probably make a sith or something through character creation.  It's quite extensive. After James Cameron's Avatar came out, they had blue cat things running around all over the place.
1000 years before*

I got it, its boring. Ended my subscription after a week of playing

TORtanic?

nononononononononononononono

1000 years before*
I was talking about STO, not Star Wars. I know the lore there.

I have never really been into the Star Trek series. I just can't get into the movie. I'm not saying its a bad movie or anything but I personally don't like it.
STO is a lot more shooty than the movies and TV shows and pretty much everything else.

I got my first scam email regarding this new MMO in less than a month. How the hell did they find out?

Hey I have been looking at the trailers for Star Wars The Old Republic and I have really been wanting it but there is a problem. Its not singleplayer. Its not like I can't play the game but I don't have a big enough internet connection. For some reason when i had Dial Up(The slowest internet possible) I was able to run Blockland with no lag, except with that one noob that spams the server with research nukes. About 3 years ago I upgraded to Directv's high speed package but when I go to join a server it lags like hell. So THEN when I go to a server on my PS3(I had just gotten it at the time) I couldn't connect. Its a 1.5 high speed internet connect which is the best they have. ANYWAYS, I am really into the Star Wars series but I can't go to a Mcdonalds or library when I want to play the game.

I would reccomend getting it. $14.99/month is completely worth it.
Have you ever played Star Wars Battlefront? You know how it is really easy to get a character with a lightsaber in that game? In The Old Republic, do not get your hopes up for the first 4-10 hours.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 09:39:10 AM by Desktop »

Me and my dad have Swtor. So loving awesome.

Get it its amazing, And not going f2p like ever it already has so many players.

This is the best mmo that i have played.

They all go F2P at some point. No exceptions.

They all go F2P at some point. No exceptions.

Considering SWTOR is the fastest growing MMO ever beating WoW so far I doubt it. I think it currently has over 2 million subscribers which is quite good.

It's uncertain when SW might go F2P status. DC Universe went F2P in under a year. Always possible that they will make the move within the same time. If anything, I'd keep a close eye on the developer's blogs, forums, and main websites. You will usually know around 3-6 months before they make the change. Might be prudent to wait. The game is bound to still have a lot of bugs that haven't been addressed since beta. Wait a month at least to play and see at that point if it's worth it from other players.

However, if you're a hardcore fan, Go for it. You'll love the game regardless of what people will say about it. I had STO since beta access and continue to love how they keep a good ear to the fans on what content to add or what kinds of bugs to fix. That's why I'm a major supporter of the game. They listen to the people who pay their salary on how to improve the game. It'd be awesome if SWtOR turns out the same way.

i play it. the game is amazing!

its not a good idea to wait for mmos to go free. much less big titles like this by name brand developers.
they only do that if they arent getting subscribers, and they are extremely healthy right now.