Author Topic: Tribes: Ascend [Closed Beta] - VGS is all you need  (Read 12743 times)

Tribes: Ascend is a fast-paced class-based shooter that's modeled around gaining momentum with a system called "Skiing", which can be comparable to Blockland's skis, for an easy reference. The game is currently in closed beta, and invites have been sent out to owners of Hi-Rez accounts.
Photography:

ACTION

Class system.

ACTION

Opposing forces

A 100% CHANCE OF ACTION

So anyway, anyone else got a key? It's a pretty fun game.

call me when they've removed the stupid pay2win bullstuff and the whole exp system

SHAZBOT
i got a invite key
AND MY COMPUTERS WON'T RUN IT
forget SALT

SHAZBOT
i got a invite key
AND MY COMPUTERS WON'T RUN IT
forget SALT
gime it

VGS VGS VGS VGS

If anyone really wants a key, all you have to do is go to the Tribes Ascend facebook page, Like the page, then go to 'Get a Beta Key!'
It lasts till end of next month.
Thats how i got my beta key.

Anyways i love this game its so good.

VGS VGS VGS VGS

If anyone really wants a key, all you have to do is go to the Tribes Ascend facebook page, Like the page, then go to 'Get a Beta Key!'
It lasts till end of next month.
Thats how i got my beta key.

Anyways i love this game its so good.
I know, I've been waiting for a shooter like this since I played Legion on InstantAction.

call me when they've removed the stupid pay2win bullstuff and the whole exp system
lol pay2win? Are you kidding?

lol pay2win? Are you kidding?
buy booster
booster allows you to gain exp faster
exp allows you to buy things that make you literally better (more damage, more ammo, more speed, more health, etc)
therefore, someone buying stuff that has 20 hours in the game will beat someone not buying stuff with 20 hours in the game if they're both at equal skill levels

buy booster
exp allows you to buy things that make you literally better (more damage, more ammo, more speed, more health, etc)
therefore, someone buying stuff that has 20 hours in the game will beat someone not buying stuff with 20 hours in the game if they're both at equal skill levels
Now, see, no-one has done that yet. I've only played for around 30 minutes, but I've gotten the top of the leaderboards in the majority of the matches I've played. I'm not even a good shot.

Now, see, no-one has done that yet. I've only played for around 30 minutes, but I've gotten the top of the leaderboards in the majority of the matches I've played. I'm not even a good shot.
except they're already made plenty of money from boosters

buy booster
The game still takes quite a bit of skill. 

The game still takes quite a bit of skill. 
but the SECOND you start giving people actual, non-cosmetic benefits in the game just for paying money you are a bad developer

but the SECOND you start giving people actual, non-cosmetic benefits in the game just for paying money you are a bad developer
they are not game breaking, if you want an advantage, either pay or just play the game more.  You have an option to pay, they're not giving out overpowered weapons to people who pay. 

I suppose valve's a terrible dev for offering the choice to pay for weapons in the mann co store too.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 09:40:54 PM by Marcem »

except tf2 weapons have disadvantages and are weak and strong against certain things so its pretty balanced, and you can also find those weapons for free

in this game you pay to be literally better at a lot of things with no downsides.

except tf2 weapons have disadvantages and are weak and strong against certain things so its pretty balanced, and you can also find those weapons for free

in this game you pay to be literally better at a lot of things with no downsides.
YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR WEAPON POWERUPS IN THIS GAME, I JUST loving POSTED THAT.