Author Topic: red/pink slopes  (Read 4947 times)

I think this is a graphics card compatibility problem since badspot isn't responding.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 08:09:38 AM by Axolotl »

I think this is a graphics card compatibility problem.
It must be that or something like it because my slopes are not pink.

This thread has a distinct lack of pictures. Win 7 64bit. I've had the red Slopes since my Win XP 32bit days.

It's also red on my Vista 32-bit computer, it has an ATI HD Radeon 5670 graphics card

It's also red on my Vista 32-bit computer, it has an ATI HD Radeon 5670 graphics card
AMD Radeon HD 6870 here, could it be related to AMD (former ATI) vs NVidia?

My graphics card (I do not have pink/red slopes).

And I have a Mac.

I've got ATI Radeon HD 5870 v2.

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE

It's the sun! It's values are reversed, instead of RGB, it's BGR, but reversing the values will make Slopes it's normal blue, but our players red

oh, that's interesting.

hopefully we can get a patch for this soon.

I could use my amazingly stuffty map-making skills and attempt to release a fix for this in maps... but unfortunately, everyone who connects to servers that use it would have to redownload the map.
edit:lolz i have no idea how to package this stuff
forget

But yeah, I got the coloring right.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 02:22:25 PM by Lugnut1206 »

yea i would use a slopes fix map if someone made one.

But yeah, I got the coloring right.
With the lighting value at 0.8 0.8 0.9 1.0 and the ambient at 0.3 0.3 0.5 1.0, it's just a matter of reversing all except the 1.0 because that doesn't seem to do anything

But like i said, the player is red and i can't seem to actually fix it so that the game doesn't reverse the RGB sorting, maybe i'm not doing something right, but i think it might be something in the encrypted file that's wrong?

lugnut how did you do it? I am trying to edit the slopes now but it seems to barely change a thing.

lugnut how did you do it? I am trying to edit the slopes now but it seems to barely change a thing.
Mission Editor

After saving it, i guess you could put the .mis and .ter in the Map_Slopes file and set it to read-only, but i don't know if that'll work and i also don't think it's recommended to make a default file 'read only'

Also whoa, the sky is very pixelated on my laptop even though i have all the settings on full

be sure to hit apply first!