Author Topic: [v2] Promod - Official Promod Server!  (Read 6027 times)

Im happy about the jump and crouch nerf, that was always an annoying thing to see in DMs.
Good

Host games with it plos.

Good

Host games with it plos.
I would if I had an idea for a dm or got them finished :c

But I will when I do c:

old school rifle has 50 damage unscoped and 100 damage+instant hitting when scoped

old school rifle has 50 damage unscoped and 100 damage+instant hitting when scoped
I can see people running around trying to quick scope with it.

SPEAKING OF WHICH it really bugs me when people make iron sights but don't make it slow you down, that's what the guy who made the BF3
weapons did.  I can just aim down the sight, tap f (to go back to 90 fov) and run around with it.

Is it possible or would it be possible to add the ability to strafe jump and circle jump?

Is it possible or would it be possible to add the ability to strafe jump and circle jump?
Sort of.

What causes those are when game characters can move to the side faster than moving foward.  The trick is finding that "sweet spot" that causes it.  So far I hace determined:
-the side movement has to be slightly faster.  Or maybe forward.
-the air control has to be there

I'm still doing research on this.

Edit:I don't know what would cause accellerating beyond normal walking speed either, unless the physics already do that.
tl;dr maybe, but we'll see.

Another edit: Technically speaking, you can already circlejump in promod, however you won't gain any speed.  The reason for this is that Torque's physics are weird and Torque (to my knowledge) isn't based off the Quake engine.  So basically, I was trying to recreate a flaw in a game in another game with little understanding of how it's caused.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 10:59:08 AM by brickybob »

I found out you can move forward and crouch (Dolphin Diving I guess?)

It doesn't seem like that bad of a feature though, seems like a cover system to me since you can't stay crouched and jump.

I found out you can move forward and crouch (Dolphin Diving I guess?)

It doesn't seem like that bad of a feature though, seems like a cover system to me since you can't stay crouched and jump.
I knew it was there, I just kept it in hopes someone would create a strategy or use for it, and you did.

The beauty of Promod is all the flaws that it Promod.

I knew it was there, I just kept it in hopes someone would create a strategy or use for it, and you did.
There are no words to describe how I feel for you saying that :D

Over 200 reads.
Less than 30 comments.

There are no words to describe how I feel for you saying that :D
<3

Added 2 graphs and a video.

Makes no sense that a player can't crawl with this, but can jump while crouching...  For a combat-based game, I'm surprised that this feature is added.  If you were sniping, you'd like to crawl while in position, not have to completely give up your position to move.  Also, jumping while crouching in real life is impossible anyway, so the claim of "pros" is entirely defeated.

The run force, I'f anything, needs to be a bit more than default, but less than the current.

80 health is adequate.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 02:30:04 PM by SWAT One »

IMO the current circle jumping is eh.  Not extremely realistic but its a neat tactic.

The player speed also is a bit too fast, as SWAT already pointed out. Reduce it by a bit?

Another thing you could do is two types, one 80 health and one 100 health, for those who like both but don't want to use an outdated version.

Makes no sense that a player can't crawl with this, but can jump while crouching...  For a combat-based game, I'm surprised that this feature is added.  If you were sniping, you'd like to crawl while in position, not have to completely give up your position to move.  Also, jumping while crouching in real life is impossible anyway, so the claim of "pros" is entirely defeated.

The run force, I'f anything, needs to be a bit more than default, but less than the current.

80 health is adequate.
I don't see the logic in something being impossible in real life making it instantly un-pro.

I can't change how a player jumps while crouching exclusively, because that (to my knowledge) isn't possible in torque.  Also it takes no skill to stand across the map and point at enemies for an instant kill, or the laymen term for it; sniping.

I don't see the problem in being able to instantly accelerate, either.

What does 160 degree FOV look like in Blockland