Author Topic: Cheapest PC build that can run Battlefield 3  (Read 933 times)

I am looking for the cheapest PC build (or atleast, a video card thats really cheap) that can run BF3 on Ultra-high graphics. My cousin got a 2,000$ PC and I got kind of jealous, and there is the factor that I would like to run games on full graphics without my PC stuffting. I can run GTA IV on VERY low graphics and on 800x900 resolution.

My resolution is 1800x900, incase that affects what I can get. (Also, windows 7)

I am looking for the cheapest PC build (or atleast, a video card thats really cheap) that can run BF3 on Ultra-high graphics. My cousin got a 2,000$ PC and I got kind of jealous, and there is the factor that I would like to run games on full graphics without my PC stuffting. I can run GTA IV on VERY low graphics and on 800x900 resolution.

My resolution is 1800x900, incase that affects what I can get. (Also, windows 7)
Just look at the recommend requirements for BF3 and get those components and or higher quality ones. Also 800x900 and 1800x900 resolutions do not exist or at least aren't used.

Whoops, 1600x900 is my resolution.

Whoops, 1600x900 is my resolution.
Also it's 800x600.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 09:03:01 PM by zookuw »

my build is about $600 (uses the same monitor, keyboard, and mouse as my previous computer):

asus p8h67-m le motherboard
evga gtx 460se vidya card
4gb of ram (now 8gb)
sandybridges i5 2500k quadcore @ 3.3ghz

the whole deal fits into a tiny (compared to my old monolithic case) $60 tower.

not sure how much it would be now - i bought it as a package deal on newegg

it runs battlefield on ultra, and most other games run on ultra + 8x antialiasing. the only game it can't really handle on maximum settings is serious sam 3, once the big fights get going.

but tbh bf3 doesn't really look that different on ultra than low, imo. i run on low because it disables half the filter-rape stuff and it's a lot easier to see.

Xbox or PS3 for about 300 dollars.

That's cheaper than the PC you're going to have to buy.

Xbox or PS3 for about 300 dollars.

That's cheaper than the PC you're going to have to buy.
and then you have to use the stuffty console controls and tiny maps.

and then you have to use the stuffty console controls and tiny maps.

There is no need to be a PC elitist. There is nothing wrong with the controllers.

There is no need to be a PC elitist. There is nothing wrong with the controllers.
Battlefield 3 was made for the PC, might as well use it that way.

on lowest or ultra?

You don't need to be an elitist to think mouse control is far better for FPS games.

I played the BF3 beta on my PC with a GT 220

My brother bought BF3 for his PS3

We both agreed it looked like they left something wrong with the PS3 graphics