Poll

Should this be on RTB?

Yes.
27 (81.8%)
No.
6 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: Client_GPS - V4, 3 storable marks, spawn saving [2/4/11]  (Read 9922 times)

what the hell do you mean
Where in your current script it says "Z: 525.4", change that to say "Altitude: 525.4".

...what the flying forget would that solve?
y would still be north/south, z would just be called altitude

...what the flying forget would that solve?
y would still be north/south, z would just be called altitude
Exactly. There is no argument about which is which in a 2D space, obviously you don't have X, Z and Altitude, that'd be stupid.

Because how Torque expresses it is more important than common sense.
My common sense says Z is height because I've worked with Torque for so long, but that's beside the point.

In Blockland, z is height, and you are only going to be using the information this add-on provides in Blockland. Personally, I'd rather have an add-on that provides me with helpful information rather than one that stays true to some irrelevant person's opinion of which axis is which in a 3D environment.

little help from jetz and I made a pref. bundling and testing and removing downloads and stuff right now

UPDATE:V3 is live. Redownload and stuff.
See op for instructions for how to modify the order of XYZ and stuff. Note:The changes take effect immediately.

Good. But I still want to be able to record specific locations via keybind.

If you mean recording coordinates to a .txt file, that's fairly easy.
If you mean a GUI, like the compass mod, then, well, you'll have to wait on that, cause I haven't learned gui's quite yet.

Like, adding an extra line that says:
Marked location: (Coordinates)

Like... onscreen, next to the current overlay?
I can do that. You want it above it? To the left? To the left of the brick menu?

OK so i gave that a shot and I think I have a thingy that'll record up to 3 points down... haven't got spawn recording down, but that's next.

Testing now.

aaaand nope, not working that way
>:(
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 09:18:45 PM by Lugnut1206 »

For those of you on Email Notifications, or something.
V4 released!

How about a “Direction“ value? North/South/West/East based on the direction you are facing.

the guy on the left chucks her kids out the window in that scene
I'm not kidding. assuming that's that tyler perry movie
How about a “Direction“ value? North/South/West/East based on the direction you are facing.
I was thinking about this, but I'm a little off here...
echo(serverConnection.getControlOb ject().getTransform()); returns 7 values.
X, Y, Z, and other ones. I don't know what the other values are for! I can tell that two of them seem to be modified based on where you're looking, but I can't tell what the hell they mean. You wouldn't happen to know, would you?

It really just has to do with the fact that we locate co-ordinates on maps as X,Y.

Also, we think of two dimensions as X,Y, X and Y corresponding to any surface perpendicular to the ground. Z would be the third dimension and inherently height.