Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 430520 times)

It'll cast shadows -- kompressor

So the shadows and shaders will affect dynamic objects?

In general, yes. -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 04:53:14 PM by kompressor »

QFT
that'd be very nice

Also, since you're "aggressively," watching over this topic answering questions, does that mean Baddy's taking over the project? Because with all these questions it doesn't seem like it's leaving you much time to work on it. lol

@King Leo I remember going to that place (I think)

Will the Maps section still be here?

I've been hoping for an answer to this for ages, as well as any possible word from Ephi on the Maps section on RTB.

what about emitters? is it possible to give emitters, as weird as that sounds, an optional shadow?
probably don't need it really

I think they should keep the Map section there but just write [ANCIENT] or something.

what about emitters? is it possible to give emitters, as weird as that sounds, an optional shadow?
I'm pretty sure he said they will have shadows.

yes, yes he did right at me too

I think they should keep the Map section there but just write [ANCIENT] or something.
it'll be like a gallery of the ancients
a tome to the times of old

With the new update, I hope to see more --kompressor feedback on ideas people have. With this update proving that what people though was impossible actually is possible, I am starting to think of more ideas, and I am sure others have them. Having more plans for the future posts and dev feedback on ideas would be cool.

So basically, the entire Blockland is now shadows? :D

Guys. The map section will still exist with slate edits.

What about mirrors? Are they still impossible?

How slow do you want the game to run... -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 04:56:58 PM by kompressor »

really? But a lot of emitters are meant to simulate lights aren't they? Fire, laser, ect. Those wouldn't have shadows would they?

I have not commented on particles + shadows -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 04:57:28 PM by kompressor »

They could give a slight bump in light, like for the fire emitter.