Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 430709 times)

Wait, isn't slate an interior?

Wait, isn't slate an interior?
It'll be replaced with a coded flat plane.

If terrain and interiors are gone, is there even a point to maps?
All you can make are slate maps apparently, the only difference being the sky, and maybe the bottom texture, if I understand Kompressor right.
Static Shapes
Also, if lighting is being edited, maybe we can finally have mirror bricks or something to that sort?
What about mirrors? Are they still impossible?

How slow do you want the game to run... -- kompressor

Would drawback distance's maximum be raised to be able to see the far ends of some builds?  :o
The faster stuff renders the more you can draw. -- kompressor

So this isn't done yet...?

Is it released? Doesn't look like it; in what time frame WILL it be released? 3 days? A month? 6 months? Years? I'd like to know.
There is no set time/prediction for time

Wait, what about the tutorials?  If the tutorials were made completely out of bricks, then people who play the demo can't load all of them and end up lost.
Kompressor said something about re-considering demo mode

Wouldn't it then make it an interior?
Interiors are also gone
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 06:16:21 PM by swollow »

Static Shapes
Exactly. I'm thinking flipped train cars and abandoned fields with fences and oil rigs, basic stuff that's subtle but cool looking.

Will Kompressor add an alternative to terrain?  Will skiing ever be the same again??  Will Ipquarx get a better computer???  Find out!  On another exciting update of:  Blockland
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 07:22:05 PM by kompressor »

Didn't he say that all discussion on mirrors is closed? It's not happening.

soo... are all our bulids on .20  going to work with this update? Because i don't want to be wasteing my time making bulids that i want to keep if there just going to be deleted

Builds will still work -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 07:21:33 PM by kompressor »

By reducing the amount of things you have to check to see and render you have more time to render bricks, causing loading and brick count and ghosting AND lagging to be a lot better. Plus, now that interiors and terrain are gone, dog fights can finally be good!

What about rain and snow, could it be fixed? (not falling through the bricks)

Ah, yes. Will there be rain and snow? Water?

A short representation of what is happening right now.

A short representation of what is happening right now.
the_truth
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 07:23:35 PM by kompressor »