Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 430831 times)

i would love for some mod makers to create some nice terra-gens we could use, maybe they could even add in new bricks to the algorithms of the terra-gens so that we can get better looking terrain.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 07:23:48 PM by kompressor »

What about rain and snow, could it be fixed? (not falling through the bricks)
this. SO MUCH THIS.

I really think you should make some sort of beta.
The community is too torn apart between it.
Unless you plan to add better vehicle/brick collision and some sort of replacement I will say nay.
Badspot and kompressor weren't asking for your opinion. They don't care if you say nay. This is happening.

edit: damn, ninja'd by wehrmacht

Look at all the beautiful gameplay features and building opportunities that terrain provides.

Oh, wait.

Why can't we have both normal terrain and brick terrain?

Or am I missing something and being daft again
To everyone:
Stop asking to have the option to choose between one and another. Stop thinking that we're removing these things for just shadows.
They're being completely removed, and not just for the shadows. They're a huge problem to Badspot and Kompressor when trying to add many new features. Having both will just make a bigger mess than it would to just never remove them. Just let go.

Things that are OFF TOPIC in this thread:

Feature requests unrelated to shadows.
Mirrors. -- see above
"Let's keep both interiors and terrain AND shadows and shaders." -- Check the thread title for a hint on this.
Demands for pictures -- more will come.
Unconstructive complaining.

A short representation of what is happening right now.

I like this.

Demands for pictures -- more will come.

'bout time. Can't wait to see some more of the stuff the new lighting can do.

I just got invited to a petition group on Steam. Jesus people please learn to move along, there going to try to bring it back. This is going to possibly be one of the greatest Blockland updates, just because were getting better graphics and removing a couple maps doesn't mean were turning into Roblox and Minecraft, as long as I can still at least mission editor to fool around with I'm good :3 Removing interior and terrain is also the best for us so we can handle more in Blockland.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 07:31:05 PM by _Dark_ »

Yeah, Lord Tony made a steam group in protest. Their idea is to save the current build and then cling to it for the next few years.

I'm all for it, kompy. I have full faith in this update.

Yeah, Lord Tony made a steam group in protest. Their idea is to save the current build and then cling to it for the next few years.

Wouldn't be surprised if it ended up like the Orange Block and TBM.

I'm all for it, kompressor. I have full faith in this update.

Thanks.

Also, I have added a fan art section to the OP. Let me know if I missed anything good.

Content removed due to awful spelling. -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 07:49:01 PM by kompressor »

I'm all for it, kompy. I have full faith in this update.
The tag for the group suggests that he wants to go back to v8.  Also, I started the Pro-Shader group now.  :cookieMonster: