Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 430845 times)

I'm excited about these shadows, but I have to say I would be disappointed if lights the player spawned still penetrated through walls.
I would also hope that in this update or a close one, you could change the flare and light amount to allow more lights. I have several reasons for this.
One is my TDM I have been working on for 2 months.

in the last pic, you'll see my problem. The problem is I have too many lights surrounding each other, and as such, nullifies the large important lights and makes gameplay, ehh...
difficult. I am all for gameplay here, and the light flare is an almost unavoidable problem in this tdm. It is simply too large to disable enough lights to make it work nicely or look good.

I would also like to showcase how good this build WOULD look if/when we get dynamic shadows being cast by player lights, not just the sun position, as that doesn't do much for a dark tdm.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 07:49:26 PM by kompressor »

I SAY WE KEEP TERRAIN! WHO CARES ABOTU SHADOWS AND SHADERS?I DONT WANT BLOCKLAND TO BE RUINED.TERRAIN MAKES BLOCKLAND COOL.WHO AGREES WITH ME? (yes this is on topic if you delete this post im gonna be pissed)  i hate this update:panda:i hate this update:panda:i hate this update:panda:i hate this update:panda:

pfff hahaahhahahahaha
also fan art section is lol in the op

A good move for Blockland...  Unfortunately mappers like me will be left with little to do...

You could keep a hamster or build cool things with blocks. -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 07:49:56 PM by kompressor »

A good move for Blockland...  Unfortunately mappers like me will be left with little to do...
Brick maps?

Nothing wrong with trying to enjoy blockland as we know it before a time of great change comes. Then again, when the update comes out I guarantee it would finally make the game great in the eyes of everyone outside of this forum

Brick maps?
Yes.  HOLY stuff WE NEED BUILD VERSIONS OF KITCHEN FAST!

I'm excited about these shadows, but I have to say I would be disappointed if lights the player spawned still penetrated through walls.
I would also hope that in this update or a close one, you could change the flare and light amount to allow more lights. I have several reasons for this.
One is my TDM I have been working on for 2 months.

I think you'll be pleased with how your build looks in the shadow update. BTW if you send me a save I can test with it.

BTW if you send me a save I can test with it.

Make sure to post the results with his permission. :3

BTW if you send me a save I can test with it.
Does that mean you'll accept builds to showcase shadows? If so I'd like to apply Althur

EDIT: hm, but you'll need to install lots of non-default bricks. Maybe not.

We would like to see how the overhang works with shadows, though. It'd be much appreciated.

will you be accepting new default builds?

because me and Eksi are totally working on something using only default bricks and we'd love to submit it for the new sys-

I'll start a shadow test + beauty thread when we are closer to release. You can post saves there. In the meantime figure out what your prettiest Slate-compatible save will be. :)

WELL stuff NEVER MIND

will you be accepting new default builds?

Does that mean you'll accept builds to showcase shadows? If so I'd like to apply Althur

I'll start a shadow test + beauty thread when we are closer to release. You can post saves there. We might include some as defaults. In the meantime figure out what your prettiest Slate-compatible save will be. :)

Too lazy to read all 78 pages, but what about water?  Will it still be available on the new Slate-like maps more infinitely like the current maps?

2nd question:  Will fake-killed bricks still exist and also if they exist will their shadows be rendered?

On a side note, will fake-killed bricks have better physics because of these removals?

Too lazy to read all 78 pages, but what about water?  Will it still be available on the new Slate-like maps more infinitely like the current maps?

yus

I'll start a shadow test + beauty thread when we are closer to release. You can post saves there. We might include some as defaults. In the meantime figure out what your prettiest Slate-compatible save will be. :)
Will you allow saves with non-default bricks if they are pretty enough?

Will more slate-like default maps be needed?