Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 430406 times)

I CAN'T buy one, even if I HAD the money too. You can't go around judging people based on how much money they have.
You need to keep terrain, it just takes way too long to make a map out of bricks.
Making custom "building" bricks would be very complicated, and very time consuming.

It's funny that you're complaining to the person who did something in this engine that nobody else thought he could that "waah it's too hard".

So wait, do you hate GSF, or mourn his loss?

I hate his maps, not him.

Ok I hate him.

Really, you guys have done a great job but to me it feels like 'How pretty the game is v.s How fun the game is.'
Sorry :s

Skiis are a vehicle. The vehicle system is pretty bad, hence why there is a 20 vehicle limit on servers.

The next update after this (and I'm calling it) will be a replacement of the vehicle system with brick-built vehicles.
Thats bullstuff brickbuilt vehicles is an awful idea imo

he hacked
What did he do to get a ton of people to hate him for hacking?

Mother of God. So this is why there wasn't any updates for a year and a half.

his maps are sort of amazingly generic and dull, the lighting is weird, the texturing is weird, there's nothing going on, no ambience

they're really boring, you see. terrifyingly bad actually

and then what's even worse is that they're so amazingly generic that people use his maps instead of making their own generic stuff and getting better as builders, because his generic stuff is not only pre-existing but exactly what they need to make their generic city RPGs or family RPs or whatever

it's sort of like afghan DM syndrome, only afghan DM isn't bad as much as it is overused

Really, you guys have done a great job but to me it feels like 'How pretty the game is v.s How fun the game is.'
Sorry :s

If you enjoy the game because of terrain and interiors then I don't think you really enjoy the core mechanic. Blockland probably isn't for you..

Thats bullstuff brickbuilt vehicles is an awful idea imo

It doesn't matter, the next update is Blockland Main Adventure Mode.

HOLY CRAP YES YES YES OH MY GOSH I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW

his maps are sort of amazingly generic and dull, the lighting is weird, the texturing is weird, there's nothing going on, no ambience

they're really boring, you see. terrifyingly bad actually

and then what's even worse is that they're so amazingly generic that people use his maps instead of making their own generic stuff and getting better as builders, because his generic stuff is not only pre-existing but exactly what they need to make their generic city RPGs or family RPs or whatever

it's sort of like afghan DM syndrome, only afghan DM isn't bad as much as it is overused
that

Another consideration: Does this mean we will see official tools to streamline BLB creation (as has been hinted at the existence of)?

all of his annoying christcigarette stuff stuck everywhere in your face really does not help.

Another consideration: Does this mean we will see official tools to streamline BLB creation (as has been hinted at the existence of)?

This would be great. Currently the blb system for making anything but rectangular prisms is confusing at best.

all of his annoying christcigarette stuff stuck everywhere in your face really does not help.

That annoys the hell out of me.