Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 434838 times)

Oh wow, we never thought of that.
JVS won't cast shadows, rendering is always turned off for those.

Looks like we need a door that works like the treasure chest.
someone made one of those brick doors but i have yet to hear any more on that

Looks like a richard cannon with optical sight.

Its a shadow richard

So it goes through doors?

Doors will cast shadows, because they spawn a staticshape, which is a .dts, which is said to cast shadows.

The doors are static .dts shapes. They will cast shadows.

I had a dream that this update was out, only brick lights made shadows that become sharper the closer your are or blurrier the further you are

So will emitters behind transparent stuff get fixed?

I'm almost done with what I am making for Kompressor, just a little bit more editing.

I had a dream that this update was out, only brick lights made shadows that become sharper the closer your are or blurrier the further you are

Yeah, I'm wondering if this is how shadows could be. It's what Red Dead Redemption does. There is a small radius around the player, in that radius, the shadows are sharp. Outside the radius, shadows are a bit blurry, but not a lot of quality is lossed. It's not as demanding as making every shadow sharp and perfect, but I'm not worried about shadows being too demanding.

Then maybe for screenshots, every shadow could be rendered sharp and high-quality, just for the sake of taking high-quality screenshots.

Almost done uploading, will edit this post with the link!

Then maybe for screenshots, every shadow could be rendered sharp and high-quality, just for the sake of taking high-quality screenshots.
Isn't that what it does now?

Yeah, I'm wondering if this is how shadows could be. It's what Red Dead Redemption does. There is a small radius around the player, in that radius, the shadows are sharp. Outside the radius, shadows are a bit blurry, but not a lot of quality is lossed. It's not as demanding as making every shadow sharp and perfect, but I'm not worried about shadows being too demanding.

In my dream, the further i went from the light, not only did my shadow get blurrier but it also started to disappear as i went into the non-lit part of the build, which i'm still not sure what it was but i think it was using print bricks to have a metallic looking floor

THE MOMENT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR:

http://youtu.be/euIj1bab1og

"How Kompressor deals with noobs."

-snip-

Um no?

http://youtu.be/euIj1bab1og

best vid eva