Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 430722 times)

I moved all the interiors for maps so I can use them in custom maps when I want.

dude, badspot and komp are scrapping interiors entirely

like, they are literally being removed from the game. the engine will not support it (or something roughly along these lines)

also the way you phrased this sounds like the way someone would announce that they're keeping someone's stuff after they've asked for it back

Yeah, terrain & interiors are gonna be missed. Still, blockland is a game to be built with blocks and not terrain. Although, being that there are DTS's, is it possible that interiors might be able to be made with dts format?

Bye, ol' slopes and bedroom. :c
I'm going to miss you two.

I am willing to give them up, however. This is going to make BL look beautiful.

Someone first has to make a terrain generation script that isn't stuff.

Xalos made a pretty good one.

This has potential.

oh for forget's sake

we get rid of one annoying and incredibly lazy workaround for actually building, then someone mentions another one and everyone latches on for dear life

I moved all the interiors for maps so I can use them in custom maps when I want.

I think maps as a whole are done for. But if you're going to do that, make sure to grab their textures as well.

New bricks + Terrain Generation Script = Win?
Anyone remember nexus's Terragen script :D

oh for forget's sake

we get rid of one annoying and incredibly lazy workaround for actually building, then someone mentions another one and everyone latches on for dear life
Calm down, there's people who may want to build terrain, BUT NOT ALL PEOPLE WANT TO!
Im pretty sure if I want to make a cabin in the hills and then make another house I don't want to make custom terrain EVERY loving TIME!

Sometimes, yes, I may want to make terrain. Other times its just easier to have it generated. This isnt a black and white arguement. A bit of both is a good thing

Someone first has to make a terrain generation script that isn't stuff.
my suggestion

Yeah, terrain & interiors are gonna be missed. Still, blockland is a game to be built with blocks and not terrain. Although, being that there are DTS's, is it possible that interiors might be able to be made with dts format?
according to default blockland, which came with quite a few non slate maps, the goal wasn't to be only slate. seems like this is a cut off because of a new feature, not a cut off that was planned from the start.

oh for forget's sake

oi.. go away. you're wrong.

heed, this is a block building game. If you don't want to build with blocks, then go find another game.

That doesn't change how much terrain and interiors have been a part of it.

It is indeed a block building game, but we've known it as a building-blocks-on-maps game.

i'd be all for terrain generators that actually generated terrain that looked like it wasn't made by stacking blocks at random heights

sadly we're not very good at that

heed, this is a block building game. If you don't want to build with blocks, then go find another game.
Not everyone plays the game just to build, you really must not play the game if you don't get this yet lol