Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 430576 times)

Looking at the second picture again it feels a little odd that the brick shadows are being cast to the bottom right of the screen, however the stud texture "shadows" go towards the bottom left.

Any plan/way for the stud "shadows" to also be affected by the new lighting, so that every shadow go in the same direction?

I know this was said already but what will happen if you load saves from old maps? Will they float or just move to the ground?

I know this was said already but what will happen if you load saves from old maps? Will they float or just move to the ground?
It will be just like loading a save from another map on slate. Bricks will be floating.

We will make sure the ground plane stays in the same place as it is for Slate so all Slate saves will work. We might look at a way to shift all bricks around. -- kompressor

Oh, that's pretty cool. --Mint
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 11:45:41 PM by TheRealMint »

Depends on the map, I guarantee any of the slate maps and the bedroom will not float so long as long as someone didn't build something on the self in the bedroom.

Bedroom stuff will look like it does if you load a Bedroom save in Slate. -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 11:45:43 PM by kompressor »

Bedroom stuff will look like it does if you load a Bedroom save in Slate. -- kompressor
Will any floating bricks, for ex, being on top of bed or on dresser/roof somehow get to the ground?

Maybe someone will write a script that will "drop" unsupported bricks to the ground. -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 11:48:04 PM by kompressor »

By the way, kompressor, did you see my idea on page 41?

Yes. -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 11:48:33 PM by kompressor »

Will any floating bricks, for ex, being on top of bed or on dresser/roof somehow get to the ground?
You can use the duplicator wand on the bottom brick and bring it down yourself.

With this fancy new update I'm starting to like, would the Data Block limit be raised?

This thread is not about raising datablock limits. Ask again later. -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 11:52:23 PM by kompressor »

In the first Q/A where you talk about height maps, are you talking about a system similar to minecraft that generates brick terrain?

This could be done. -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 11:52:57 PM by kompressor »

Maybe someone will write a script that will "drop" unsupported bricks to the ground. -- kompressor
I was just about to post that but then I thought of bricks like this:
Code: [Select]
+---+
|   |
|   =
|
|
-----
Wouldn't the = drop down to the floor in that case?

With this fancy new update I'm starting to like, would the Data Block limit be raised?

This has nothing to do with datablocks, I asume you mean Brick Limit.

I was just about to post that but then I thought of bricks like this:
Code: [Select]
+---+
|   |
|   =
|
|
-----
Wouldn't the = drop down to the floor in that case?
No, it would drop to the lowest point in the connected structure.

New Shaders include Normal maps? In fact what Shaders are there.

We have included a select set of choice shaders for discerning blocklanders. -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 11:54:02 PM by kompressor »

This has nothing to do with datablocks, I asume you mean Brick Limit.

No, I mean that with no more interior/terrain maps will Data Blocks be raised? (Being able to enable more addons at once)

Nvm, I saw Kompressors message