Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 431067 times)

Sorry if this has already been asked .. if we now need to build more things out of bricks (which sounds fun anyway), will the brick limit be raised?

We hope to support ever more bricks. Most people aren't hitting the current limit (256000 or so bricks?) but if they do we can work on making it higher. -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 02:38:23 PM by kompressor »

(click the picture)

But I guess it's for the best. :panda:

Aph your example with Beta City is horrible.

"HEY SEE THIS BUILD THAT WAS BUILT IN THE BEDROOM? WELL IS IT JUST MORE OR DOES IT LOOK BETTER IN THE BEDROOM MAP THAN SLATE? DOWN WITH SHADOWS UP WITH INTERIORS!"

If I remember correctly Aph is one of those people who used to/still does? pump out maps every week. Im guessing hes too lazy to take up another trade?

kompressor, can you take a picture in Zor's bedroom build for Slate with the new GFX? I'm sure that'd put a lot of nostalgia at ease.

Eventually -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 02:42:10 PM by kompressor »

Also, I love love love love the update idea, but I was just thinking, and please reply if you can, Kompressor, what will there be of build styles like in the boss battles server? I mean, what's the point of stuff addapting to terrain if there's no terrain? No one will build terrain just so they can addapt to it xD

Also, I love love love love the update idea, but I was just thinking, and please reply if you can, Kompressor, what will there be of build styles like in the boss battles server? I mean, what's the point of stuff addapting to terrain if there's no terrain? No one will build terrain just so they can addapt to it xD

I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Not every week, I  made decent quality maps every now and then, the guy you're talking about was Mutantz, who shat out stuffty map ports every day.

What I hate about this is that they want mapping, the bedroom, and many other loved maps shoved into a grinder and disposed of since they'd rather have some shadow effects hacked in.
No its not just for the shadowy effects. Its also because interiors and BL maps in general look like stuff. They may have looked nice in comparison back in 2006 but now-a-days it just looks atrocious. They dont even fit in with the builds and players. No matter how good a mapper is the limitations of the engine make it look like crap. Yeah were getting shading and fun stuff but one of the largest pros is that Ill never have to see another crappy interior.

No one will build terrain just so they can addapt to it xD

Sure they will. Those who don't are lazy.

i have always only loved slate maps anyways. this update will do me no harm :D

i have always only loved slate maps anyways. this update will do me no harm :D
This. The Plate map triumphs all! :D

You weren't forced to use interior maps.
Nobodies forced to use DVD or Bluray, but that doesnt mean we should be clinging on to the nostalgic VHS tapes.

This has likely been asked and answered by this point, but on the chance it hasn't: Are we expected to build terrains (from scratch, obviously) with the current bucket of bricks, or are there plans to create new bricks that will aid in terrain-building?

Polygon-terrain may be going, but brick-terrain is what I'm mostly curious about now.

I am sure that someone will come up with bricks that are good for terrain building. -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 02:48:02 PM by kompressor »

So is there just going to basically be 1 map that is basically slate? And if so is there going to be options to change the sky and natural lighting? This was all probably answered but it would be hard work going through all the pages to see ):

I'm not sure what you are talking about.

I'm talking about how the boss battles server build adapts to the enviroment. Elevators, stairs and jump pads to get up to the bed, platforms hanging from the bed down to the floor, using the shelves and the drawer for a good thing, etc, Kompressor.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 02:51:45 PM by Tudoreleuu »

there should only be a single map, where weather, skybox, and ground tile can be changed with drop downs by admins and changed in game.

i mean if we only ever will have 1 map, might as well make it edittiititiititable

So is there just going to basically be 1 map that is basically slate? And if so is there going to be options to change the sky and natural lighting? This was all probably answered but it would be hard work going through all the pages to see ):

Slate = plates

= Adjustable plate