Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 431068 times)

Will the shaders support blocks with models built into them JVS doors etc?

And a question to the community, how against pre-assembled large objects in the form of placed bricks would you be?
(not like bedroom sized large, but like, full structures, buildings etc)

Yes. -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 03:55:50 PM by kompressor »

That is not the Blockland I bought 4 1/2 years ago.

That is not the Blockland I bought 4 1/2 years ago.
Then buy a new key  :cookieMonster:

And a question to the community, how against pre-assembled large objects in the form of placed bricks would you be?
(not like bedroom sized large, but like, full structures, buildings etc)
i actually started on something like this a while ago but stopped when i realized i was too lazy to make them BLBs. :B

Basically this update will ruin fortwars. What's fortwars on a flat map?

Terrain gen.

Lern 2 bild.

Terrain can be made out of blocks, and fortwars servers can still take place.

In fact if anything this should be an improvement. I like the concept of fortwars servers but really dislike when hosts are too lazy to actually build an arena and instead make two tiny bases several terrain itterations away on slopes.

Ok finally finished typing it up, could use suggestions.
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=184503.0
Lern 2 bild.

Terrain can be made out of blocks, and fortwars servers can still take place.
not efficiently, yet.

I personally would love a slate map which (if possible) had the feel of walking on an infinite field of Bedroom Floor.
And the sky would look like an infinite Bedroom Ceiling, the walls in the image of Infinite walls.
I don't quite know how a poster or door or window would look as a skybox texture, but I'd be happy with just the walls.

And then it'd be awesome to change that floor texture to look like the inside or top of the bed, or a shelf or the roof of the Bedroom.
You could have a map that recreates that atmosphere of the Bedroom map and maintain a really traditional feeling of Minecraft.

I don't know if any of that is even remotely possible, but I've got a picture in my head which I just love at the moment.
Just imagining myself as if I'm absolutely tiny in the Bedroom and the bed underneath me goes on forever no matter how far I walk, or I can never travel far enough to reach the corner of the room.
It would work perfectly. Image spawning in Bedroom not moving and just look around. That is exactly what the skybox would look like. Near perfect illusion of 3D space with minor perspective distortion.

What is going to happen to all of the RPGs that generate ores/trees by finding terrain data?

They'll make them out of blocks. -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 03:56:32 PM by kompressor »

Terrain gen.

Still, that's blocky and ugly. Not to mention it won't be an endless map and probably would cause lag.

What is going to happen to all of the RPGs that generate ores/trees by finding terrain data?

They will have to be updated.

Inconvenience breeds ingenuity... usually... hopefully things will only get better.

I could see an add-on coming after this update that automatically generates brick terrain. Based on your configurations.

I'm sure they'll be able to re-add a new terrain system later on.

Is Geforce 9200 a good for the new shadows and shaders?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 04:08:07 PM by Max4344 »