Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 431018 times)

my suggestion? but couple my suggestion with physics update first.

Also, who knows. Maybe them scrapping the interiors and terrain will allow them to increase brick limit.

because it's beautiful and helps the building aspect a forgetton more then terrain did?
The appearance shouldn't hinder your ability to build.

Again, altogether, this is a substitute that completely changes the game.  It isn't simply an overall benefit, there are things that will be RUINED because people wanted the bricks to cast shadows.

A sandbox game should have the most compatability that it possibly can.   Ridding of this, simply because something looks more enticing, will only push the game's development backwards.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 08:07:49 PM by Lalam24 »

so how do we make a arctic base on the top of a hill now

Oh my loving god. This is loving amazing. I don't even know HOW it's possible.

Today, I was looking at a brick and the vertex lighting on it. I sighed. When this is released, all lovey builds will be 150,000% more lovey. I love you, Kompressor.

-snip-
Where the hell have you been?

I dont understand why anyone would want to get rid of interiors and terrain for complex lighting?

Why does a lego game need lighting like this, it is useless.
You didn't read the whole OP I take it.

I think that they may be working on generated terrain themselves. Badspot may have foreseen that we would be discontent with it's removal, and has a way of making .dts terrains. But of course, I know nothing, and I'm most likely wrong. =|

Can we atleast have the slopes bedroom and kitchen slate like same lighting sky ground texture etc.

I think that they may be working on generated terrain themselves. Badspot may have foreseen that we would be discontent with it's removal, and has a way of making .dts terrains. But of course, I know nothing, and I'm most likely wrong. =|
dts terrain is inefficient.

Can we atleast have the slopes bedroom and kitchen slate like same lighting sky ground texture etc.
...you obviously don't know what's going on here

badspot at least fix the lighting before this comes out i don't want my last memory of slopes being pink :c

.dts terrains are NOT the ideal way to go. That would be worse than interiors.

I'm sure something will spring up though.

I personally cannot stand, not just the appearance of, but also the functionality of the current terrains. They're just equally spaced vertexes that we can adjust the z level of.

so how do we make a arctic base on the top of a hill now

Build a hill out of cubes.

dts terrain is inefficient.
I was simply making a point. He may have gotten a different form of terrain implemented.

I'm also sure some user will go and find some possible way to bring in interiors and terrains