Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 430649 times)

not all "hope is lost" either. they aren't going to magically pack every new feature into this update. I'm sure they will work on more stuff after this in the brick optimization area and more brick related updates to make them more helpful for making terrain. There is always room for more features, and if the removal of interiors and terrain helps as much as they say it will, I can't wait to see more updates.
All I'm hoping for is that mapping can survive, since it's something i've always loved to do in the game.

Hey, Kompressor, would the draw distance be increased?

The faster stuff renders the more you can draw. -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 05:08:55 PM by kompressor »

will spotlights or cones of light be possible

General's post:

"kompressor, might it be a good idea to consider making a new interior system for Blockland? One which is custom made to support the new lighting (like the custom blb system was created as an alternative to using dts shapes)"

Why would you delete that? It's a legitimate question and could lead to a compromise among both parties.

It is a proposal that has no basis in reality. We are not readding interiors or terrain in this update. So it is offtopic. This is not a negotiation. -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 05:10:04 PM by kompressor »

All I'm hoping for is that mapping can survive, since it's something i've always loved to do in the game.
It is something special to see your own world.

Are there plans to make rain and such not go through bricks?

Why are people still asking for interiors to be put back in? komp has already made it clear they're not being put back in.

It is something special to see your own world.

Are there plans to make rain and such not go through bricks?
Yeah, it's a joy to make a map and see that people are using it to make all sorts of cool builds.

Not looking forward to this. but saved all bedroom and kitchen maps on to slate and took pictures of slope,bedroom,and kitchen

Why are people still asking for interiors to be put back in? komp has already made it clear they're not being put back in.
Awwww. :panda:

So basically, the entire Blockland is now shadows? :D
Shadowland!  Where you build stuff IN COMPLETE DARKNESS!

I'm all set for this, as long as custom maps without interiors/terrain can be made, it could usher a new era of maps designed specifically for building.

Yes, things like giant forests can still be made, and unique ideas will crop up from this.

Would it be possible to make the bedroom/kitchen into one, giant static shape?

Would it be possible to make the bedroom/kitchen into one, giant static shape?
Look at Demian's post near the beginning.