Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 430949 times)

are you releasing it that soon that you keep telling us to wait? or do you just not want to reveal anything when it's released so that we're more surprised?

are you releasing it that soon that you keep telling us to wait? or do you just not want to reveal anything when it's released so that we're more surprised?

No comment.

If they had a planned release date, don't you think kompressor would have said so in the op?

We will never see a sight from one of those ships ever again. Sailing away, and never going back for return.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j9GkOAQKIc

I am not really against the removal of the interiors and terrain, but I'm against the removal of Blockland's Golden Age. I will never be able to put this ships in game anymore. Or I'll have to find another Torque game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ELqcR17i6U
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 03:27:30 PM by Antares »

The ships weren't important.

The ships weren't important.
The ships were a small thing of my projects for Blockland. The removal of the terrain and interiors means that Viano City, my blocko city map, will also be removed. I have actually put much weeks of working in it. And now it seems like that it was all made for nothing.

The ships were a small thing of my projects for Blockland. The removal of the terrain and interiors means that Viano City, my blocko city map, will also be removed. I have actually put much weeks of working in it. And now it seems like that it was all made for nothing.

Same. Kind of a waste. And they're not redoing interiors-
Then I hope komp and badspot will make a replacement.

We will not. -- kompressor

The only thing I will be worried about is my laptop not being able to run blockland
If you can run it now then you'll be fine.

Got an estimated time of completion?

No.

If my laptop can't handle shadows, I'll just enable them when taking pictures. Funny how a few days ago in the dream Add-On topic I kept mentioning bricks on shadows, and how I only thought the only way we would get them is if they were rendered when taking pictures, like the player's shadow. Then this announcement comes out and we will be getting them wether or not we are taking a screenshot!

Got an estimated time of completion?
When it's done. (I'm pretty sure it says that in the OP.)

(Please note this is not my real opinion on these I think they look nice and i'm completely okay with loosing Terrain and Interiors.)

Will this effect the day/night cycle that badspot said he was planning on adding a million years ago?

Will this effect the day/night cycle that badspot said he was planning on adding a million years ago?
Woah Badspot said he wanted to add a day/night cycle?

Damn I hope that comes true soon.

Getting rid of the outdated and crappy lighting system used for terrain and interiors, a day-night cycle will be dead easy to make -- even as an add-on.

Especially since shadows and shaders are created in real-time.

kompressor said it could be possible. He might add some fixes, so it doesn't crash, and Iban is going to release a separate day/night cycle.

Despite my huge disagreement with this, I really respect that we have a form of contact and reply. I'm not sure whether this has been posted yet but it's not in the OP and I don't have hours to read through 100+ pages of replies, and the search is too cluttered.

Will any current slate builds work with the update?

I find this relevant and of more importance than anything else.

All  slate builds will load and work fine. -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 04:12:08 PM by kompressor »