Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 430963 times)

How would you build?
A script that places a baseplate to start you off.

Edit: Actually I'm pretty sure he means during the game, after he's already built stuff.

How would you build?
maps that have static shapes to build on top of
or
A script that places a baseplate to start you off.
also
usually I host a game on slate lavapit and I usually remove the ground so people can fall into the lava
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 05:27:55 PM by swollow »

kompressor -- while you're doing all this cool engine stuff, can you add some general scripting functions?

Something like "getVisiblity(vector3f)" with a return value between 0.000 and 1.000 would be infinitely useful.

Adding in something so that, while in minigames, name visibility scales with darkness would be uber cool too.

Cast a ray to the sun? I don't see any reason I need to write a function to do that. :) -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 05:58:01 PM by kompressor »

kompressor -- while you're doing all this cool engine stuff, can you add some general scripting functions?

Something like "getVisiblity(vector3f)" with a return value between 0.000 and 1.000 would be infinitely useful.

Adding in something so that, while in minigames, name visibility scales with darkness would be uber cool too.
That would be pretty cool.

Would completely closed off areas receive no light? Could create a neat effect for a cave that you have to smash out a wall to escape. The light flooding the room and all.
that would be neat. I would love for caves to be dark when you look into them.

Would completely closed off areas receive no light? Could create a neat effect for a cave that you have to smash out a wall to escape. The light flooding the room and all.

It will be dark inside, but not pitch black. There will still be some ambient light.

The difference between a closed in area, and the light outside is noticeable though.

he said something about there being ambient light so caves wouldn't be completely dar-
FUUUUU
It will be dark inside, but not pitch black. There will still be some ambient light.

The difference between a closed in area, and the light outside is noticeable though.

I would like some kind of method of downloading and keeping this version of Blockland (sorta like Minecraft and Minecraft Alpha) for 2 reasons:

1: Nostalgia

2: Possibly still screw around with those terrain maps for fun.
Copy blockland folder and disable the internet

that would be neat. I would love for caves to be dark when you look into them.

I just thought of that, and that would be really cool. Lights and the torche add-on could really be cool. Zombie games would also be better with the update. Something funny I just found out is that the Shaders and shadows images are in 1600x900 res, but the terrain is in 800x600 res.

Please don't post saves in this thread. I will open a new thread for shadow-oriented saves later.

Sorry.

I just thought of that, and that would be really cool. Lights and the torche add-on could really be cool. Zombie games would also be better with the update. Something funny I just found out is that the Shaders and shadows images are in 1600x900 res, but the terrain is in 800x600 res.

Thing is not everyone would get to see the shadows since they are client-sided and can be disabled.

I think that all maps shouldn't be deleted, just incase it doesn't work out and we have to revert back because of an entirely angry community.  I'd think a storage bin would be suitable.

What do you mean if it doesn't work out? It works fine. They just need to probably finish some things up and clear out some bugs.

I think that all maps shouldn't be deleted, just incase it doesn't work out and we have to revert back because of an entirely angry community.  I'd think a storage bin would be suitable.

I made a little repository of my favorite maps in my Blockland directory for old time's sake. :)

Fanart:
[WARNING: PONIES]
(My reaction to this update)

EDIT: Komp, you can either delete this post or take the image and add it to the fanart section. IDC.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 06:29:15 PM by dargereldren »