Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 430957 times)

So will we be getting WIP screenshots? Are there more than just those two so far?

just look at the last 2 pages of kompresser's posts to find the 2 other screenshots.

Oh right, forgot I even saw those two...

so more than just these four? :P

Hark! What hero stands on yon streetlamp?
[snip]
Here is a picture you might enjoy.
[snip]

Oooh, I like how the white lines fade away the farther they are. :D

Oooh, I like how the white lines fade away the farther they are. :D
prolly just the DOF lies  :cookieMonster:

prolly just the DOF lies  :cookieMonster:
yeah now im looking and im confused. some sides show bold brick outlines, some seem to blend together.
I wonder what's actually going on with the lines.
Still nice to get new screenshots.

I absolutely love the light reflecting off the studs in the 2nd shader image.

That castle looks great kompressor, keep it up!

Pretty castle.

Oh cool, it's that build I made a while ago, but named after what I used to call myself a few years ago, and my request to change the name WENT UNFULFILLED- can you please update the name to Squidfort or something please?

:<

but...
bedroom :c

but oh my god it's worth it
this is so good
THE FUTURE HAS ARRIVED

okay, so this means that all the maps like GSF Paradise, Kitchen, and Slopes wont work anymore, right?
and just slate-like maps will
so, what exactly happens if you try to load one of the maps with interiors or terrain?

also, does this mean the shadows for most vehicles wont just be squares or circles even though the makers are lazy?
or will their laziness prevail

Will bricks without raycasting act like transparent bricks?
(i.e., light shining through)

Pretty castle.

[img width=700]http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=184263.0;attach=166652[-img]
Does the light still bleed through the walls like it does right now? As in, if you made a hollow box with no openings would the light come through it? I feel like I'm seeing that in the middle of the second floor of the castle, but maybe I'm missing something. If it does are there plans to fix that?
edit: i think this was covered in the Q&A and i just missed it but it's still pretty unclear
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 04:15:37 AM by TheWorm »

Yeah tbh my main concern is light going through walls and such

Hah. Cool, that is the Blockparty build made by Barn and I.

But more terrain is added.