Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 430926 times)

Whoops, just looked back and re-read stuff. I see what you mean now.

No, it isn't. Rusty said there will be a point where the developers will have to remove things other than interiors and terrains, just to compensate for more updates.

As far as we know, terrains and interiors are the only things that cause problems for Blockland Updates.
they don't "have to" remove them. it just slows the time it takes to update because collision/lighting for interiors and terrain has to be done as well as for bricks. they chose to remove them so they could update faster, patch faster, and narrow down complications.

they can't take the time to fix them or redo them because it's a small two man team.

Lord Tony is now off topic in this thread.

So anyone with the ability to make custom bricks should make a brick pack to help replace the GSF maps.

I wouldn't be surprised if you could make [gsf] buildings out of default bricks, and with some prints of the signs would be nice.

Another question will custom bricks have custom shadows and to what extent of visibility do the shadows go,and about the brick texture will they be made transparent to completely make the shadow like effect on the studs?

Another question will custom bricks have custom shadows and to what extent of visibility do the shadows go,and about the brick texture will they be made transparent to completely make the shadow like effect on the studs?

To generate shadows, bricks are rendered to the shadowmap. Shadows are shaped like the bricks.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 04:32:46 PM by kompressor »

Well now I'm neutral about V21.  I love it, but I hate it.  However this could open up more realistic gameplay opportunities.  Splinter Cell DMs, working cieling lights.

I have a question though.  Will JVS content cast a shadow of the model seen ingame, or their ghost brick shape?

EDIT:  Just read Q&A Session one.  I know I might make myslef look like a total slowpoke, but what is BLB?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 04:45:05 PM by Lil D »

BLB is the custom format used for bricks that offers more efficiency than .dts models.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 05:02:42 PM by Nasoa »

but what is BLB?
BLB is the custom format used for bricks that offers more efficiency than .dts models.
and also stands for BlockLandBrick

So. Is it possible for bricks to cast shadows from light sources? Or will all the shadows be from the sun?