Author Topic: What's going to happen to the "Maps" forum?  (Read 1541 times)

The newest update will break all maps but slate. So what about the thousands of maps available in the Maps forum? Will they all be deleted?

That, or a group of people could dedicate themselves towards making tools to aid in map creation by bricks.

Well, a major fail bin attack is ahead.

Go to shelter boys, fail bins will be flying in every direction I presume.

How about this amazing thought: it'll be deleted.

I would say there's going to be more of an emphasis on trading around builds once terrain is gone. Oh, and Ghost will be out of a job (the guy who made the NYC maps and everything).

Oh, and Ghost will be out of a job (the guy who made the NYC maps and everything).

He retired a while ago.

The subforum will probably be hidden along with the rest of the hidden boards(Failbin, Beta Testing, ETC.)

wait why will the maps be broken? link me to the article about the new update..

wait why will the maps be broken? link me to the article about the new update..

Go to the Development board.

Will it no longer be possible to create custom slate maps?

That, or a group of people could dedicate themselves towards making tools to aid in map creation by bricks.
Building isn't mapping.
It will, slate maps are the only thing revolving in Kompressor's head currently, anything that's not a generic slate map is worthless to him and some other people.

Yes it will, but no more terrain maps.

It won't be gone, slate edits, waterblocks, skyboxes and .dts objects still exist.

It won't be gone, slate edits, waterblocks, skyboxes and .dts objects still exist.
It would probably be emptied for people to re-add their slate maps.

except flat maps that aren't terrain use a flat interior

since interiors are removed, slate edits will have to be fixed for the update.

that is, if you can make your own maps still.

which i hope you can, because i'll be sad if i'm stuck with slate and skylands hahaha.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 05:38:39 PM by otto-san »