Poll

Do you like v21?

With
255 (77.5%)
Against
74 (22.5%)

Total Members Voted: 329

Author Topic: v21, you're either with or against it.  (Read 11374 times)

I just stated my opinion on the topic.

It got deleted. If they're going to add this stuff, they then must redo terrains and interiors. It is a must have.

In that deleted post, I stated that Blockland was BUILT off of maps. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I just stated my opinion on the topic.

It got deleted. If they're going to add this stuff, they then must redo terrains and interiors. It is a must have.

In that deleted post, I stated that Blockland was BUILT off of maps. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Blockland was neither built off maps nor are terrains and interiors a "must have"

Oh my god, guys.

It's Facebook.

Facebook makes decent and intuitive changes to itself all the time, occasionally sacrificing a major feature for a newer, cooler feature.

But people constantly bitch.

You are all acting like your friends on Facebook that you hate talking to, Blockland forums. Stop it. Stop it now.

Oh my god, guys.

It's Facebook.

Facebook makes decent and intuitive changes to itself all the time, occasionally sacrificing a major feature for a newer, cooler feature.

But people constantly bitch.

You are all acting like your friends on Facebook that you hate talking to, Blockland forums. Stop it. Stop it now.
Colten has liked your status.

As a continuation from my last point:

Most everyone would say that Blockland is for kids because it is LEGOs on the computer. Most kids don't give a crap about amazing graphics, especially when a lot of kids don't even have a computer that could run that sort of thing and would end up disabling it anyway. Then they would look at videos and pictures from past version of Blockland and wonder, "Why can't we have that?" After a while, either soon or not so soon, people will eventually be asking for maps with terrain again because they forgot how much fun it was exploring new maps or playing hide and seek or something on a map with interiors, or would want to experience that for themselves.
Blockland is about building what you want, where you want it whatever it might be. Sacrificing the two features that define maps from each other for one feature that we don't even need is just pointless and stupid. It might seem nice at first because it's newer, but is it really more fun?

Terrain-humping mongoloids vs. aesthetic shader-junkies.

#NoSupportV21
Terrains are what makes Blockland what it is now,
It will stack the brick count majorly and lag if we were to build the terrain,
if there was some way to keep some terrains I will
#SupportV21
But no,
all the good servers will go down for ages ETC:
Hedicalkings, Nobot's.
I would love shadows but if its going to remove terrains then its a stuffty idea.
No offense for above stuff, but
make terrains compatible with shadows.
Blockland has forgeted us again.
Also, if there was a terrain generator I would also be happy anything to help us make terrain.

Inb4PeopleMakeSomeBadComments AboutMe.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 10:52:47 PM by Swagbot »

In this thread, shadows have a 77% approval rating over terrain/interior.

Terrain-humping mongoloids vs. aesthetic shader-junkies/improved features and future releases master race

Fixed that for you.

In this thread, shadows have a 77% approval rating over terrain/interior.
that's 1/4 people that don't agree :(
We must convert the non-believers.

As long as he get a good terragen im cool with this.

The one thing I will miss however, was the idea of "Adventure Mode". Sure, the search for the "golden brick" will continue, but as of this new update, the adventure has been squandered and the sword will not be thrown into the fires of Hell hidden beneath the Bedroom's tree.

#NoSupportV21
Terrains are what makes Blockland what it is now,
It will stack the brick count majorly and lag if we were to build the terrain,
if there was some way to keep some terrains I will
#SupportV21
But no,
all the good servers will go down for ages ETC:
Hedicalkings, Nobot's.
I would love shadows but if its going to remove terrains then its a stuffty idea.
No offense for above stuff, but
make terrains compatible with shadows.
Blockland has forgeted us again.
Also, if there was a terrain generator I would also be happy anything to help us make terrain.

Inb4PeopleMakeSomeBadComments AboutMe.

"Let's keep both interiors and terrain AND shadows and shaders."

Also, your argument is uninformed and biased. Bricks might take more memory, but they are way faster than equivalent interiors. Interiors are tremendously hard to work with. Game types are fun because of the gameplay rules not because of interiors.

Cool quote fits with this.

Cough, where do we play legos normally? On the ground.

Is there tiny mountains on the ground. What? No.

If I had one argument against this update it would be that I liked the concept that we were lego people in real environments such as the kitchen or bedroom (or previously the backyard). I didn't ever really like terrain maps however, and felt they did not fit that theme. As the game is extending into a purely building scenario though I am still ok with the changes as this is a different concept.

By the way, I notice this after posting in both of the topics, why are there two three of these. Seems completely redundant.

edit: actually I just saw a third
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 11:10:33 AM by Ladios »