Author Topic: *New Add-on Idea*  (Read 921 times)

So I was playing Blockland one day, and I get this error. It made me have to re-install the game, so I did. So I start the game back up after re-installing and find out That all 1579 of my add-ons are gone. Forever. So that got me thinking, "What if, whenever you go to a server, all the server host's add-ons download to your add-ons folder for you to have and enjoy?" Well then I thought of posting it here on the forum, and here I am doing so.

Commenting much appreciated.

This would only work through RTB and even then it would only work with add ons on RTB.

You realize that this would cause oh so very many problems, right?
This could literally double the blockland folder's size in about a day, until it's about, oh, I dunno, say 2 gigabytes? That's way too many add-ons for you to even need, and this would also increase the join time to a great extent.
Why did you even need 1579 add-ons anyhow?

This would only work through RTB and even then it would only work with add ons on RTB.
Yeah, and besides, if you had special private mods they would be downloaded too and they wouldnt be private anymore

Yeah, and besides, if you had special private mods they would be downloaded too and they wouldnt be private anymore
Nope, it would not work.

This really could destroy your Blockland folder, making it take up a high amount of space on your pc. Plus people would use this to steal private addons like Gcat's weapon pack that he uses for his server.

I don't like this idea at all....sorry :(

I HAVE AN IDEA! LETS DO THIS AND THEN WATCH BLOCKLAND BURN IN FLAMES. No seriously horrible idea.

I'm sorry, but this is a horrible idea. It would ruin your computer.

Well I just thought it would be he helpful, sorry. But I do understand with the private add-ons thing. I just didn't want to go out and get all the add-ons that I had. And also I'm not worried about space because I've got a peda-bite of space so maybe one of you could make it and email me the link or something. Just saying. (Yes I know I'm lazy...)

P.S. I'm not the troll your used to seeing, I'm his brother.

Ambiguous title is ambiguous and bad idea is incredibly bad

NO!!! Private mods? WIP mods? You download the wip add-on and now you have a screwed up version of that add-on. So NO!

You realize that this would cause oh so very many problems, right?
This could literally double the blockland folder's size in about a day, until it's about, oh, I dunno, say 2 gigabytes? That's way too many add-ons for you to even need, and this would also increase the join time to a great extent.
Why did you even need 1579 add-ons anyhow?
My Add-Ons folder used to be 3.2 Gigs lol

Also this would mean the end of private Add-Ons, so no.

Actually, this is a really good idea! I will name it BSAD, it will be another SOPA and PIPA. Then I will make everyone plead for me not to release it, and then soon, I will take over Blockland!

............... Ha0 2 c0d3