Author Topic: Slate Bedroom & Slate Kitchen [+v21 update]  (Read 12375 times)

It's just that the lighting is a major pain in the ass. The lamp lights and shadows are simply physics defying.

Can't you just mess around with the FOV ingame using the console, use the mission editor to rotate your playermodel to various right-angles and drop the camera at it, then crop out 512x512 images of each angle to make a skybox?

Can't you just mess around with the FOV ingame using the console, use the mission editor to rotate your playermodel to various right-angles and drop the camera at it, then crop out 512x512 images of each angle to make a skybox?
Yes you could but the skybox would not be perfectly seamless. In fact I think simply recreating the bedroom might be easier than fiddling with the FOV and other things for hours.

I think that's close enough. I can't make the lighting exact because it is completely nonsensical. I'm also thinking of doing 3 versions of all skyboxes. Default, fixed, and enchanced. Default being what you see below, as close to the original Bedroom as possible. Fixed would be something that doesn't use 8 lamps, higher res textures, better lighting, etc. For enchanced I might make the model itself higher resolution. Then of course skyboxes of my Bedroom Classy and perhaps Abandoned.

Kitchen will have to wait. This took a lot longer than I expected.

^ that's a screenshot from the game! Don't try fooling me into believing you modeled that.

Bedroom door handle looks way too far down.

^ that's a screenshot from the game! Don't try fooling me into believing you modeled that.

There is no carpet, and the door handle is smaller and lower, so he did model that.

Bedroom door handle looks way too far down.
It isn't.

There is no carpet, and the door handle is smaller and lower, so he did model that.
There is no separate carpet in Bedroom. The entire floor has a carpet texture. The door handle is exactly like in the game. The size, height and textures and identical.

The model can't be different since I'm modeling right over the actual interior file that the game uses. I double check everything so there are no mistakes. In the model that is, I did find a few UV mapping problems but i already fixed those.

Here's a comparison. I aligned the camera the best I could.

As you can see I still need to tweak the lighting and the texture sizes. For those who claim the door handle is too small/too low:

« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 12:26:13 PM by Demian »

This stuff is going to have collision right? I got a bunch of builds I want to keep.

This stuff is going to have collision right? I got a bunch of builds I want to keep.
I will first concentrate on the skyboxes and later see if I can export these as DTS.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 12:26:34 PM by Demian »

oh wow, I really didn't notice that. The handle just looked too far down to be natural

If it doesn't already, do you think you will make the lamp cover have it's own, much brighter texture to simulate the glowiness it has in the game?

If it doesn't already, do you think you will make the lamp cover have it's own, much brighter texture to simulate the glowiness it has in the game?
Huh, I didn't even notice it. Yeah sure.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 04:35:07 AM by Demian »

Are you by chance going to release the .blend file at any point?

Are you by chance going to release the .blend file at any point?
Once I have everything done yeah. It will take a mighty long time though.