Author Topic: Server_IndestructableBricks - V2 - Prevents painting locked bricks!  (Read 3593 times)

Also the wrench will make the wrench hit sound every time you hit something rather than the wrench miss sound
replace this
ServerPlay3d(WrenchHitSound,%pos);
with this
ServerPlay3d(WrenchMissSound,%pos);

also

function paintProjectile::onCollision(%a,%b,%c,%d,%e,%f)
   {
      if(%c.brickLocked)
      {
      return;
      }
   Parent::onCollision(%a,%b,%c,%d,%e,%f);
   }

You'll also need to do this for
NonepaintProjectile
PearlpaintProjectile
ChromepaintProjectile
StablepaintProjectile
UndulopaintProjectile JellopaintProjectile ahahaha lol
RainbowpaintProjectile
BlinkpaintProjectile
GlowpaintProjectile
SwirlpaintProjectile
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 06:20:58 PM by swollow »

Considered using my permissions mod for this? :cookieMonster:
Yes, I was!
-snip-
Thanks much for this, you saved me a lot of time!
You should do some sort of thing that can do a container search and make all bricks in an area indestructible. And have an option to only do your brickgroup or fully trusted brick groups.
Mind PMing me some info about that?

Considered using my permissions mod for this? :cookieMonster:
No? :cookieMonster:
Use RTB prefs or some other NON-EVAL-PRONE way of having restricttions set.

I dunno lol. Although, technically, if you have eval you can remake the whole loving add-on... so yeah.

V2 is now out. This version prevents painting the bricks. Credit to Swollow for saving me like 30 minutes worth of work and stuff.

Any suggestions?

if you have eval you can remake the whole loving add-on
Anyone can change a global variable, only someone decently knowledgable in coding could edit individual lines in the addon or force-change the rtb preference.

BTW: use getUpBrick to get bricks ontop of other bricks, you can use some loop to check through all the bricks ontop of another brick like that, and that would fix that problem.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 07:27:57 PM by Ipquarx »

I dunno lol. Although, technically, if you have eval you can remake the whole loving add-on... so yeah.

V2 is now out. This version prevents painting the bricks. Credit to Swollow for saving me like 30 minutes worth of work and stuff.

Any suggestions?
Have a "fillcan type" wand that locks every brick adjacent to it that is the same type?

Have a "fillcan type" wand that locks every brick adjacent to it that is the same type?
Or perhaps duplicator style
Anyone can change a global variable, only someone decently knowledgable in coding could edit individual lines in the addon or force-change the rtb preference.

BTW: use getUpBrick to get bricks ontop of other bricks, you can use some loop to check through all the bricks ontop of another brick like that, and that would fix that problem.
that would get the higher ones, not the supporting ones
does getdownbrick work?

Is it an item found in the BRICK SPAWN, or is it a item just spawned by clientside?

Changing the RTB pref is just as simple as changing the permission if the server has eval. If someone has eval, then they can do anything. To prevent this you simply only give the people you really trust permission to change permissions and eval (although afaik there are no eval mods for permissions out atm, so it's basically SA). If you SA people you don't trust regarding this while having eval, then you are doing it wrong.

afaik there are no eval mods for permissions out atm
i might have just found my next project

Nice, but I have a few suggestions:
1. Make D-Wands able to destroy locked bricks.
2. Make usable by everyone, but they are only allowed to lock and unlock their own bricks.
3. When you figure out how to make prefs, make exactly what it can and can't do all changeable.

Nice, but I have a few suggestions:
1. Make D-Wands able to destroy locked bricks.  /lockbypass, if you're host
2. Make usable by everyone, but they are only allowed to lock and unlock their own bricks.   I like this.
3. When you figure out how to make prefs, make exactly what it can and can't do all changeable.    I can make prefs. How do you want to set them? RTB? Ones in console? Ingame?
See quote for responses.

Is it an item found in the BRICK SPAWN, or is it a item just spawned by clientside?
Only via the commands mentioned in the first post.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 07:55:37 PM by Lugnut1206 »

See quote for responses.
Only via the commands mentioned in the first post.
Ok, and I was thinking of RTB prefs, as it would be simplest to use.

Not being able to destroy bricks with destructo wand. = Abusable.

Bricks should always be able to be destroyed with destructo wand.

Not being able to destroy bricks with destructo wand. = Abusable.

Bricks should always be able to be destroyed with destructo wand.
/lockbypass
/lockbypass
/lockbypass

This tool is HOST ONLY.

PLEASE, AWARE, READ THE WHOLE POST 2 PAGE TOPIC AND BECOME 'AWARE' OF ALL THE INFO BEFORE POSTING, THANK YOU!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 01:57:56 PM by Lugnut1206 »