Author Topic: Mirror Bricks  (Read 4639 times)

I mentioned this before.... plus the one way view glass, like spider mans eyes.

There is already a one-way brick of sorts (the window brick one).

But there doesn't seem to be a way to create that "view through portals" effect, unless you could add a camera in each portal and a 2d screen on them, but how? I've never seen a 2D screen that could show a video in Blockland history.

Well, what I do know (and what this thread is REALLY about), is that Torque engine supports mirror surfaces.

There is already a one-way brick of sorts (the window brick one).
what? when was this realised?

A day ago I believe..

Ahem...
I managed to port a mirror1.dif from Age of Time (v3, I think) and it works well. It crashes all but host when one is placed, though, if they do not have it, and needs relighting for all sides but mirror to work. You are also not there in 1st person...
Well, this does conclude we can make mirror surfaces.

Ahem...
I managed to port a mirror1.dif from Age of Time (v3, I think) and it works well. It crashes all but host when one is placed, though, if they do not have it, and needs relighting for all sides but mirror to work. You are also not there in 1st person...
Well, this does conclude we can make mirror surfaces.
i think you missed something.....

So? We're talking about the engine! That has to do with the fact that the mirror was from AoT!

you still don't get it.....
what i bolded states that it crashes blockland, thus, making Mirror Bricks
Ahem...
Well, this does conclude we can't make mirror surfaces.

Ahem...
It only crashes the clients connected to the server IF they do not have the required file. If you had read the quote more thoroughly, you would've realized this.

Ahem...
It only crashes the clients connected to the server IF they do not have the required file. If you had read the quote more thoroughly, you would've realized this.
You shouldn't need it for it to work right

Ahem...

But you download interior files when you join anyway, if they are already in the server. So that shouldn't be a problem, but i saw them in RTB ages ago, it's really buggy and not really useful.