Author Topic: Guess what I just bought c:  (Read 5845 times)

You could have payed to have 5 people kill with that money

forget and I was excited for my computer

bipch

HOLY loving MOTHER OF TESTICLES I WANT IT!!!

I would replace the liquid coolant with cola just for the lols.

I would replace the liquid coolant with cola just for the lols.
Hell no. Sprite, Dr. Pepper, or Hot Sauce. I'd LOVE to see how it'd turn out.

You can overclock for free.

I am talking about the downsides of overclocking.

Performance Tuning Protection Plan by Intel: None
Venom Boost Fast And Efficient Factory Overclocking: Ultimate OC (Ultimate Overclock 30% or more)

So you decided to overclock your $1000 processor but didn't want to splurge on the $35 overclocking protection warranty?  :iceCream:

I am pretty sure you can get such an PC with the specific components with way under $2000.

Also;
Venom Boost Fast And Efficient Factory Overclocking: Ultimate OC (Ultimate Overclock 30% or more)

By the time games you will actually need such a PC for will appear, your PC will be ruined.

Pay extra money for something that ruins your computer over time!
I am talking about the downsides of overclocking.
Unless you do something really stupid it's kind of hard to ruin processors with moderate overclocking, especially the high end extreme models. The processor isn't going to run out of electrons any faster. What destroys the lifetime of electronics is overheating so as long as you keep that in check it will fine.

I am pretty sure you can get such an PC with the specific components with way under $2000.
His CPU and GPU equal $2000 alone.

I personally would have waited to buy a new computer. Intel will be releasing Ivy Bridge sometime soon, and the 600 series is apparently expected for spring to summer.

what are you using this computer for?

I see you have 2 590s - a 580 can demolish any of today's games, and a 590 is even better ... but TWO of them is seriously overkill. I would understand if you're using it for F@H or bitcoin mining, but if it's a gaming computer .. overkill.

either way it's a nice piece of equipment but you wouldn't catch me paying $5000 for it lol

also I really like that case. looks very tall.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 11:18:18 AM by SpreadsPlague »

Holy stuff, my computer is worth half that so I don't really want a new one. But congrats on yer awesome new computer.

My computer can run Skyrim on full graphics settings and that's good enough for me. I don't really play demanding games.

Post us a picture. To me your a lying little dipstuff until evidence arrives.

Holy stuff, my computer is worth half that so I don't really want a new one. But congrats on yer awesome new computer.

My computer can run Skyrim on full graphics settings and that's good enough for me. I don't really play demanding games.
skyrim is demanding lol

Nice system. I guess you bought a $4.5k computer to run Minecraft, eh? God knows my $2k cant.