Author Topic: [GSF] Ghost is back!!  (Read 10441 times)

I'm terrified that we're trying so hard to be Minecraft, that looks disgusting.
Would be better if terrain bricks did not look like minecraft.
GSF wouldn't get praise if he made it unique.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 01:43:25 PM by Aphtonites »

I'm terrified that we're trying so hard to be Minecraft, that looks disgusting.GSF wouldn't get praise if he made it unique.
He said that'd there be two versions, one with textures and one with brick studs.

Forest brick add-on in Add-ons section was just removed:
Quote from: Badspot
This topic has been moved to Fail Bin.

Reason: DTS is for dynamic objects only.  It is too slow to serve as a replacement for bricks.
So it really got to be a brick instead of a DTS when he releases it.
But i am sure he will manage to do that. :)

Images of what I have so far are attached below (don't worry I'll include less steep ramps in the final release). The lighting is also strange because I haven't set up the normals yet.

What if he makes it print like bricks and release some textures as prints? :S
That's exactly what I'm doing lol (pics are attached). I've decided to make all the faces use the print texture, so you can apply the textures you like - but I'll have a default set with it, along with transitional textures. I'm just debating if I should have realistic textures, or make the brick studs look like pixelated terrain.

I'm terrified that we're trying so hard to be Minecraft, that looks disgusting.GSF wouldn't get praise if he made it unique.
If you mean the trees, they are just placeholders. Those pictures are just from me experimenting with the terrain, they are not final by any means. But, the final terrain will be reduced to simplistic planes and angles, and should fit the blockland theme.

He said that'd there be two versions, one with textures and one with brick studs.
I may not be able to release the pack with static shapes after all - that may have to be a private mod or maybe I can use it only for maps. But, I think the safest solution is just to allow players to apply their own textures to bricks.

Someone should make road prints and grass prints

Funny, I thought you could assign textures to bricks.

Guess that only works with materials.
In that case, there is one option, but I doubt it would be a good idea.
Using a texture as a material, or making a checkerboard pattern for grass.

I'm terrified that we're trying so hard to be Minecraft, that looks disgusting.
do you just have like no attention to detail at all

pixelated textures and trees does not make a minecraft lookalike, the two games are so motherloving radically different they just can't be compared

it seems as if the motherloving mention of the word "terrain" call for people to compare things to minecraft and it's just absolutely loving stupid

do you just have like no attention to detail at all

pixelated textures and trees does not make a minecraft lookalike, the two games are so motherloving radically different they just can't be compared

it seems as if the motherloving mention of the word "terrain" call for people to compare things to minecraft and it's just absolutely loving stupid
it looks like minecraft...

Am I the only one who thinks 16x is too big? I personally would prefer 8x.

it looks like minecraft...
minecraft is a randomized procedural generated world where you punch trees, build a house, fight monsters, find ore, and build giant richards

blockland is a game where you join multiplayer servers, drive jeeps across a landscape, fall into pits, shoot other people with snipers, create content, and spamvertize your server on the IRC
Am I the only one who thinks 16x is too big? I personally would prefer 8x.
i agree, though i'm pretty sure he has different sizes to compensate for varying preferences.

minecraft is a randomized procedural generated world where you punch trees, build a house, fight monsters, find ore, and build giant richards

Are you dense? Do you not understand what the word looks means?

Do you not understand what the word looks means?
It looks like he doesn't.