Author Topic: Need Key  (Read 1290 times)

what?? BUY THE GAME dumbass

User was banned for this post

About loving time.

Blockland checks, among other things, IP in its key authentication.
It's probable that your computer gets a new IP whenever it reboots.
But then why would it go into demo mode? If it was something with the IP wouldn't it just sit at "Authenticating..." instead of asking for my key?

I'm going to try to offer some solutions for you, I cannot promise they will work but I will try my best for you.

First thing, make sure key.dat is not read-only.  I don't think this is a real issue since it seems Blockland makes a new one if you delete it anyway.

To find out you would right-click the file then go to properties.

Another solution is to make sure your firewall is allowing Blockland to access the internet.  If you're using Windows firewall you should try upgrading to Comodo's free firewall as I always had problems with Windows firewall.  If you want more support with this feel free to PM me and I will aid you the best I can.

If your IP changes this can cause you to need to reactivate the key.  Although sometimes I find myself needing to reactivate a key at random times.  It appeared to be when my local IP changed, though I cannot confirm this for myself.

If your IP changes you can ask your ISP for a static IP, in most cases they will give you a static IP.  Some ISP's may charge for this service.

You can try making your local IP static from within the router, but again, i cannot confirm if this will help anything or not.

If your key is shared this will cause your key to switch to demo mode.  In this case you can find out from Badspot if an outside source is accessing your key.  You can also do an RTB ID Lookup to find out when it was last used.  Though this may only work if they use RTB.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me and I will do the best I can to help.

Maybe your prefs file is corrupt? I've had a problem in the past where at random times, months apart, the games would load up, but the console would be filled with some odd characters at the begining. Could you please post your console.log file?
How to post console.log/launcher.log

Do you change wireless networks/adapters often?

Do you change wireless networks/adapters often?

To OP: This above post means when you change networks/adapters (ex: Changing from Wireless to a different time) it will cause you to have to re-enter your key again.

Blockland checks, among other things, IP in its key authentication.
It's probable that your router gets a new IP whenever it reboots.
I think this may be the issue as well.

I think this may be the issue as well.
That's what I meant, but router IP isn't affected by computer reboots...

That's what I meant, but router IP isn't affected by computer reboots...
No one said anything about rebooting the computer.

No one said anything about rebooting the computer.
After this it doesn't ask for my keycode again until I reboot my computer.

anyway, i doubt it's due to the key.dat file being readonly, because then, wouldn't it have the problem every time BL opens?

anyway, i doubt it's due to the key.dat file being readonly, because then, wouldn't it have the problem every time BL opens?
Oops

What's the mod date of the key.dat?