Author Topic: Facial Animation  (Read 2541 times)

actually, brian smith made an animated face before. see if we can get him help in this.
There's only 2 pages of text to read. I'm pretty sure you could have read them and understand Brian Smith was already in this conversation. Please read more than just the OP.

I suggested this awhile back, but i got no help.

Yours has more stuff though.

As I understand it, Blockland doesn't support any animated textures, so the only way to do this would be to have a hacky script that cycles decals as if they were frames in a GIF.

A bigger problem is just with the way the decals work- you only see them if you've got the decal, so you can't exactly show it off to anybody without making them download the decal or decals, possibly even the script, too, if it's client-sided.

Lord Tony has probably already said this but the characters are supposed to be lego-like.  Animations are pointless (not only are they pointless, but they're impossible with the current system we have)

As I understand it, Blockland doesn't support any animated textures, so the only way to do this would be to have a hacky script that cycles decals as if they were frames in a GIF.

A bigger problem is just with the way the decals work- you only see them if you've got the decal, so you can't exactly show it off to anybody without making them download the decal or decals, possibly even the script, too, if it's client-sided.

Would it be possible for players to download all the decals temporally on the server, and get removed when they leave the server? this way every one can see each other's decals.

I'd prefer if they were prepackaged. :|
i feel stupid but
what do you mean by "prepackaged"?

i feel stupid but
what do you mean by "prepackaged"?

in a folder named Face_Wink.
It's just easier to code.

This would be kind of badass.

if anyone wants to see one of Brian's animated face click here.

It has to be ACTUALLY CORRECTLY PACKAGED

so like a normal face?
goddammit im stupid