Would blockland run faster if minifigs didn't render each part?

Poll

Wouldn't it?

yes
4 (26.7%)
no
11 (73.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Would blockland run faster if minifigs didn't render each part?  (Read 777 times)

So each minifig renders every single avatar part, the nodes are just hidden. So everyone is wearing the peglegs, dress, pirate hat, pointy helmet, etc.

Now if the minifigs didn't render each and every part wouldn't the game run even faster than before?

I am not understanding this

If it's hidden, it isn't being rendered I'm at least 900000% sure.

If it's hidden, it isn't being rendered I'm at least 900000% sure.
Not enough sureness.

If it's not being rendered and minifig parts don't interact with any gameplay, then I'd assume that it's running as fast as it can at the moment.

It still takes up space, it doesn't have to be rendered to take up space.

Unrendered bricks still can slow down a computer, depending how many there are.

It still takes up space, it doesn't have to be rendered to take up space.
Huge difference between 'render' and 'taking space'.
Rendering is calculating what to display on the screen.
Unrendered bricks still can slow down a computer, depending how many there are.
I just quickly made a huge cluster of about 10k 1x1s with no rendering without a FPS drop when the outlines aren't visible.

I could of sworn someone used this unrendered bullstuff as an excuse to not having more default parts.

An easy way to test this would be to make a model with two nodes, one to let you know it's even there, and another one that has a crapload of fpskilling polygons. Spawn it with the second node hidden and see what happens.

I don't think it would run faster/slower if it did or didn't. The models aren't that complex, so it wouldn't slow it down, and if they are hidden in the first place, then they are not rendered.