Anti-Aircraft Guns

Author Topic: Anti-Aircraft Guns  (Read 4243 times)

A heat seeking missile that doesn't follow players would be perfect.
/facepalm im saying like it only shoots at vehicles ex: scripting the P51D Mustang and make it have a invisible beacon in it and the Anti Aircraft gun would lock on to it and shoot a heat seeking missle, but apparently even BLOCKLAND has its limits..

• BEETLE JUICE
  • BEETLE JUICE
  • BEETLE JUICE!
I fail to see the relevance of this comment.
I know Gravity Cat's stinger only follows vehicles, but I'm not sure if it's possible to target only air-vehicles.

Strato made his P-51's bullets move at 10x the maximum speed of projectiles, please explain your logic in saying its impossible?
also, the point in flak is to NOT hit the enemy aircraft, but make it explode beside or in front of them, also, you shoot where the target is going, not AT it.
/Rage rant.

Strato made his P-51's bullets move at 10x the maximum speed of projectiles, please explain your logic in saying its impossible?
also, the point in flak is to NOT hit the enemy aircraft, but make it explode beside or in front of them, also, you shoot where the target is going, not AT it.
/Rage rant.
You have no idea what I said in the comment above did you? I said taking a plane putting a invsivle beacon in it, then have the anti aircraft vehicle find that invisible beacon target it and shoot it down

You have no idea what I said in the comment above did you? I said taking a plane putting a invsivle beacon in it, then have the anti aircraft vehicle find that invisible beacon target it and shoot it down
you dont get my rant, do you, its about this:
You'll never hit a plane with it though, the vehicles are faster than the projectile.

completely off topic, but i found this on the Internet.

back on topic:
WTF do you mean?

/facepalm im saying like it only shoots at vehicles ex: scripting the P51D Mustang and make it have a invisible beacon in it and the Anti Aircraft gun would lock on to it and shoot a heat seeking missle, but apparently even BLOCKLAND has its limits..

Of course, it's using an outdated engine.
What you're suggesting can be done, and in a simpler manner. In-fact, doing something like this is actually a very dumb idea, as then it's unable to work for other vehicles, or for every vehicle, which then requires every single add-on maker to script this in.
A flak cannon is designed to shoot in a large radius, and quickly. It would be more efficient than having your proposal. Another solution is to use something like G-Cat's stinger missile, which locks onto a target, then follows it until boom, dead. Automatically aiming it would require a bot, and bots are horrid with vehicles. Trust me. You could, of course, turn a bot into a vehicle with Bot Events, but that's not what you want, is it, pouty-face?
Also, you could just aim in the vehicle's path, and not directly at the vehicle, a process called "leading". I'm wondering why you need bots to automatically aim at the bloody vehicles when it would be much cooler to feel the satisfaction of shooting a plane out of the air, yourself, without any help.

Of course, it's using an outdated engine.
What you're suggesting can be done, and in a simpler manner. In-fact, doing something like this is actually a very dumb idea, as then it's unable to work for other vehicles, or for every vehicle, which then requires every single add-on maker to script this in.
A flak cannon is designed to shoot in a large radius, and quickly. It would be more efficient than having your proposal. Another solution is to use something like G-Cat's stinger missile, which locks onto a target, then follows it until boom, dead. Automatically aiming it would require a bot, and bots are horrid with vehicles. Trust me. You could, of course, turn a bot into a vehicle with Bot Events, but that's not what you want, is it, pouty-face?
Also, you could just aim in the vehicle's path, and not directly at the vehicle, a process called "leading". I'm wondering why you need bots to automatically aim at the bloody vehicles when it would be much cooler to feel the satisfaction of shooting a plane out of the air, yourself, without any help.

/thread

i have some different pictures if the flak cannon is made.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 01:58:28 PM by GEN.Fire Bird »

I need to make the missiles bigger :U

Have my babies... seriously take them i don't want them.  :cookieMonster:

make them unguided please......i think too many people are lazy and dont want to aim.
but 10/5 for the model

That is an amazing model. I hope that comes out to be a really good turret.

make them unguided please......i think too many people are lazy and dont want to aim.
but 10/5 for the model
You don't use rockets to shoot down aircraft. You use missiles. Hell, rockets aren't really used for anything except on gunships. But those are little and there's a lot.

You don't use rockets to shoot down aircraft. You use missiles. Hell, rockets aren't really used for anything except on gunships. But those are little and there's a lot.

Actually, most weaponry like RPGs and unguided missiles are considered rockets.