Author Topic: VCE - RPG Levelling  (Read 456 times)

I have created a basic levelling system using VCE, whereby if you reach a certain total experience, you gain a level. However, in order to make the events detect any experience and levels gained, I had to apply them to every single brick, and since the total is rarely ever exactly on the level, I had to make all the event ">=".

I have the following:
Level 1: 0 (Base level)
Level 2: 20
Level 3: 60
Level 4: 120
Level 5: 200

as the targets to reach for a level up, but since the experience available from the various tasks I have created don't exactly multiples of 10, having to call
Code: [Select]
onplayertouch - VCEifvariable - Experience >= [20 means that it keeps adding one to the level, regardless of the experience gained, from 20 experience onwards.

I know I could simply add extra variables for "level1gained" and "level2gained", but both that and the experience system appear to have to be applied to every single brick it is possible to touch, which isn't great for avoiding lag, since the variables are checking constantly.

So is there any way, without scripting, to do this without giving every brick in the game the set of events which correspond to the leveling of multiple 'skills'?

Apply them to the spawn bricks, and make trainers for you to level up at, then event those as well.
Also, I think you can apply the experience to one brick for each player, just apply experience to the spawn, and relay your way through.

have 2 variables, one for experience, and one for level?