Author Topic: Extentions/fixes to various existing mods  (Read 655 times)

I grouped this together into sections because why not. It's mostly about T+T and slayer.

T+T
Dropped ammo box
When a player dies, instead of their ammo being violentley ejected from their person, they drop a small cylinder of ammo. Much tider.

Fixing the loving white parts
Ok, go to a dark map and hold out a weapon. Mostly the snipers.
Notice how the scopes glow like all forget?
Sort that out, please :c

Universal ammo
This one is tricky - listen closeley.
So, instead of a bajillion ammo types, there's 1 universal type.
For example.
Max ammo is 1200.
a sniper rifle that has one shot is presented.
When that rifle is fired, it uses 100 units per shot to balance it a bit.
God knows if this is possible.

Slayer
More flag models
This lets us have more settings for DMs.
Breifcase - maggot.
Futuristic battery thing - Great for power-up themed DMs? It's attatched to the waist or is a bit bigger and on the back.
Data chip - a small chip held on the belt. Oh yeah, it glows.
Smaller flag - The current one pokes through low ceilings.
Salvage - A small crate of scrap metal.

Nitron grenade
Inspired by the eponymous weapon in Tribes: Ascend.
Basically, it's an ordinary thrown grenade. It does little damage and has a small radius.
The bonus?
A successful hit on a flag carrier forces them to drop it. Oh yeah, it explodes on impact, so I guess it's good for gaining speed. Unless you're a sandraker.

"Domination" mode
A small option for Territory - Makes the game play like Domination from CoD or Seize Ground from WH40K:space marine, or Control in Global agenda. Whatever you prefer.

Neutral flag
Correct me if this isn't in already, but it's a neutral flag.
When it is "returned"(By timer only because it's neutral), if there are multiple flag spawns, it will appear at one of those spawns. Only X flags can be spawned at once, configurable.

Discuss this.

Slayer
More flag models
This lets us have more settings for DMs.
Breifcase - maggot.
Futuristic battery thing - Great for power-up themed DMs? It's attatched to the waist or is a bit bigger and on the back.
Data chip - a small chip held on the belt. Oh yeah, it glows.
Smaller flag - The current one pokes through low ceilings.
Salvage - A small crate of scrap metal.

This is an old version of the new briefcase flag:

Briefcase is by Demian. This is an old version of the model. The new one has the white stripe and white papers. If anybody wants the other ones they will have to find a modeler to make them, I can't model.

Also, can you explain domination and what would need to be changed? I don't own any of those games.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 09:41:30 PM by Greek2me »

This is an old version of the new briefcase flag:

Briefcase is by Demian. This is an old version of the model. The new one has the white stripe and white papers. If anybody wants the other ones they will have to find a modeler to make them, I can't model.

Also, can you explain domination and what would need to be changed? I don't own any of those games.
Basically, in domination, you slowly gain points. like, 1 point per second is given to the team if you own one control point.
If there are 4 points in a map, controlling all 4 would net you 4 points per second.
First team to reach X amount of points wins.

i remember trying to get more flag models done after the pole, but similar to my gundams
Dead for now, I've gone through three laptops in the past few months and somewhere it got lost. I intend to pick it up along with a number of things over the coming Spring Break.
i'll get around to them as well.

Fixing the loving white parts
Ok, go to a dark map and hold out a weapon. Mostly the snipers.
Notice how the scopes glow like all forget?
Sort that out, please :c

Universal ammo
This one is tricky - listen closeley.
So, instead of a bajillion ammo types, there's 1 universal type.
For example.
Max ammo is 1200.
a sniper rifle that has one shot is presented.
When that rifle is fired, it uses 100 units per shot to balance it a bit.
God knows if this is possible.

White parts are problems with a lot of weapons, but that's mostly due to certain texture and transparency related stuff, I think.

And the universal ammo system sounds do-able, and I would do it if I had a clue how.

Domination made me immediately think of Dominion for LoL

Domination made me immediately think of Dominion for LoL
It's a little bit like dominion, yeah