Author Topic: "Building" Lessons  (Read 3327 times)

Building Lessons
a jump start for people who have a hard time designing their own creations

Introduction

Creativity is unique because it can not be taught. Instead, it can be inspired or achieved. This statement is something that I've always gone by. This obviously means that it's impossible for me to teach you how to build. Teaching you to build is not my goal however; my goal is to help you achieve your creativity.

building guide topics

Other topics teach by example. What's wrong with this is that it gets everybody to just copy paste designs.

Method
How I plan to teach for these lessons is by attempting to change the mindset of how people build. Some people tend to imagine things in "blocko" form instead of a realistic form. I personally think a majority of things in the gallery look better because they're realistic. There are exceptions though because of style and theme of the build. I also plan to teach people how to "concept build." By this, I mean building things simple and effective. It's more space saving, faster to build, and provides enough effect for the viewer to understand your concept and design.

If I get enough positive feedback, I will figure a time for these lessons.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 01:18:34 PM by MrCookie »

Where would these lessons take place? In game?

Where would these lessons take place? In game?
No, in spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-

If you do this, I'll probably attend.

No, in spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-

-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace

Anyway, this is a good idea.

I should really attend this lol

The fact that you think you need to teach people to build a certain way is questionable.

The fact that you think you need to teach people to build a certain way is questionable.

More like teaching them diffrent techniques and giving them tips.

Why not make YouTube videos instead?

Always wanted to do something like this myself. :s

i'm not trying to teach people to build a certain way; i'm trying to get them to start their own style and not rip off of blueprints or pictures. please read the post next time

i don't want to make videos of this because the way i'm teaching requires me to go 1 on 1 with the person.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 06:33:23 PM by MrCookie »