Author Topic: Better FoV options + build request  (Read 331 times)

All of us know the importance of FoV (Field of View) in PC games, especially FPS games. Blockland's default FoV is 90 degrees, a pretty good default, but some people require a little more or a little less for the game to feel comfortable, especially on a wide screen monitor.

Yes, I know it can be modified in the console with setfov(###); but when you zoom in, then back out, the FoV reverts back to 90 degrees. I find this extremely annoying as I repeatedly have to enter the command into the console every time I zoom in. A slider in the advanced options menu or a simple box would work.

My second request is a build idea, now that Interiors and Terrain are being removed. It's one I have been brewing for some time and would like to see full scale.

Here is a template:

From another angle:

It's a scaled down, Blockhead-friendly version of CrCIA City. I whipped this up in literally 10 minutes. The idea is that two teams of bandits (Blue and Yellow) battle each other and the stage for a water source (Light blue fountain at the end of the bridge) with rather limited weapons and ammo. The bridge is going to be raised slightly above the spawn areas so that the teams can't shoot each other out of the gate. A "natural" bridge is going to be placed at one end of the larger bridge to proved a way to the water source. It's basically King of the Hill.

I do not have the skill, time, or attention span to even start this. It was all I could do to make the template. I would like some feedback on both ideas.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 07:26:49 AM by PJ Boy »