Poll

Should the terrain bricks be able to use all 2x2 flat prints, or be restricted to ModTer prints?

Use all 2x2 flat print packs (more versatile)
27 (69.2%)
Be restricted to ModTer print packs (limits overwhelming the print GUI)
12 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: GSF Modular Terrain (4x Pack on RTB, please redownload)  (Read 145686 times)

I'm sure it's possible, but the zones can't be sloped; they would have to be divided into separate zones, which I don't know how to do. :/

I'm sure it's possible, but the zones can't be sloped; they would have to be divided into separate zones, which I don't know how to do. :/
\
get siba

For some reason, ModTerrain Prints aren't showin up on ModTerrain after the update. Da heck?

\
get siba
For some reason I don't think siba would be interested lol.

For some reason, ModTerrain Prints aren't showin up on ModTerrain after the update. Da heck?
You mean when loading previous saves? Most of the prints should show up.

For some reason I don't think siba would be interested lol.
You mean when loading previous saves? Most of the prints should show up.
No, I think I found the problem, was going off the old ramp bricks x,x;

EDIT: However, I just booted up a save with the new ModTerrain, and it didn't load the mod terrain bricks o_o
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 05:08:49 PM by Trinity Armory »

Physical zones can be "sloped" as in you can have the water push in any x-y-z direction combination.  you can already see this using zone events.

Physical zones can be "sloped" as in you can have the water push in any x-y-z direction combination.  you can already see this using zone events.
I meant the top plane of the zones, I don't think it can be anything other than horizontal. I don't know if "polyhedron = "0 0 0 1 0 0 0 -1 0 0 0 1";" can be altered to allow for a zone with a sloped top plane?

No, I think I found the problem, was going off the old ramp bricks x,x;

EDIT: However, I just booted up a save with the new ModTerrain, and it didn't load the mod terrain bricks o_o
Did the save use the basic pack terrain bricks? If not they won't appear. Let me know if you get any console errors too.

Ok, went back in and did some quick testing with the problem I had. Disabled the old Ramps and Roads pack so I wouldn't get confused on if I was using the old ones, so strictly using basic ModTerrain here.

First, created a simple baseplates, with a few pieces of modterrain bricks sitting on them. Without closing to menu, I cleared bricks and loaded save. All was well.

After closing to menu, I booted back up to bedroom and loaded the save again. For some, unexplicable reason, the x16 cube I had used for the demonstration didn't load (I was using x16s for the terrain in progress that didn't load before, so this didn't surprise.)

Odd part is, console isn't showing a error upon loading the save, and is acting like the brick just didn't exist in it (brick count of the loaded save said 6, where if I was counting the x16 I was using, it would have been 7.)

Unsure what's up o_o

I meant the top plane of the zones

oh I see, ya I'm not entirely sure.  If you look at the default player spawn in the mission editor, It is a complex sphere that shows a similar polyhedron syntax.

I'm back
any way
help:
idk why but i have a save with V2 terrain bricks, they all load, but i don't have them in my inventory?

I'm back
any way
help:
idk why but i have a save with V2 terrain bricks, they all load, but i don't have them in my inventory?
They are now under the Baseplate tab, instead of the ModTer tab.

oh I see, ya I'm not entirely sure.  If you look at the default player spawn in the mission editor, It is a complex sphere that shows a similar polyhedron syntax.
Oh yeah that's right, I'll check it out.

Ok, went back in and did some quick testing with the problem I had. Disabled the old Ramps and Roads pack so I wouldn't get confused on if I was using the old ones, so strictly using basic ModTerrain here.

First, created a simple baseplates, with a few pieces of modterrain bricks sitting on them. Without closing to menu, I cleared bricks and loaded save. All was well.

After closing to menu, I booted back up to bedroom and loaded the save again. For some, unexplicable reason, the x16 cube I had used for the demonstration didn't load (I was using x16s for the terrain in progress that didn't load before, so this didn't surprise.)

Odd part is, console isn't showing a error upon loading the save, and is acting like the brick just didn't exist in it (brick count of the loaded save said 6, where if I was counting the x16 I was using, it would have been 7.)

Unsure what's up o_o
Did you save in a slate map and then load it in the bedroom?

Edit: Nevermind I figured out what the problem is. Only the ModTer cubes are having issues with saving and loading, because they have a space in front of their name. I'll fix it and repost.

Edit 2: Okay it's fixed. Please redownload.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 09:40:51 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Yay, it's on RTB.
Great! I just uploaded the fix for the Basic Pack to RTB. The prints are being uploaded too.