GSF Modular Terrain (4x Pack on RTB, please redownload)

Poll

Should the terrain bricks be able to use all 2x2 flat prints, or be restricted to ModTer prints?

Use all 2x2 flat print packs (more versatile)
27 (69.2%)
Be restricted to ModTer print packs (limits overwhelming the print GUI)
12 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: GSF Modular Terrain (4x Pack on RTB, please redownload)  (Read 143854 times)

No one else has reported that issue so I doubt it's the terrain bricks. Are you using any special colorsets or client-side mods?
I used Truce's Original Colorset in my server.

I used Truce's Original Colorset in my server.
I'm not sure what is causing that; maybe you can try redownloading the colorset. Also, the ModTer update should come out soon so you could see if that fixes it.

Oi whats that water supposed to be?
I know you already made print water, but the texture scale was too small so I had to include my own; I need it aligned to the 8x cube. Plus the water bricks need to be handled differently since the terrain bricks are also handled as water bricks. I hope you don't mind.

Those plants look lovey. Not very blocko, but hell, I don't give a crap! They look very low-poly too, so they wont lag the server more than ordinary bricks, right?
Thanks, these are not really meant to be "bricks", but rather to supplement the removal of terrain in the next update, while also looking somewhat blocko. They do have simple geometry/low poly count, so ya you could have hundreds and still have reasonable fps. I had 90 trees at screen at once and still have around 130+ fps.

This is a fantastic time to point out that it'd be a REALLY GOOD IDEA TO UPDATE THE BASIC PACK ON RTB WITH HALF SLOPES.
I'll be updating the basic pack and posting the other packs on RTB very soon :)

ya just a simple cylinder i and if you can can you add all the conections of the octigonal pack?
Let me finish the ModTer packs and then I'll see; the cylinder wouldn't be hard to make though.

I know you already made print water, but the texture scale was too small so I had to include my own; I need it aligned to the 8x cube. Plus the water bricks need to be handled differently since the terrain bricks are also handled as water bricks. I hope you don't mind.
I'm working on making it one big print instead of tiled and I got most of it done.

thanks.
if i wasn't straight i would kiss GSF

thanks.
if i wasn't straight i would kiss GSF
Don't you think he deserves a little kiss anyways? At least a small one on the cheek :P

why dos every one want to kiss GSF?

Don't you think he deserves a little kiss anyways? At least a small one on the cheek :P
The european way!

Milkshape3D: 4 minutes

Doing this in Blockland would take 2+ days.

Please make a generation system.

Milkshape3D: 4 minutes

-snip-

I smell Milkshape terrain generator.

YOU DON'T SAY?

That's the point. It's effortless, and it looks blockish, and you can import heightmaps.

EDIT:

It's not to replace building it manually, but it's for those map were it would be annoying to build every single brick.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 10:43:28 PM by Darkness ZXW »

hey r they still going to be zone bricks cause its going to be hard to use with water

Yes they are going to be zones; that's the problem I've been trying to resolve recently. I was able to make water bricks that work with the updated terrain bricks, but the water won't save for some reason. I'm thinking you can just spawn water with the mission editor, but it wouldn't be the same.

The decoration brick pack will mostly be foliage and such, but maybe after I finish the ModTer packs I can make the round bricks. You just wanted round print bricks basically?

Update: The decoration pack is almost done! Here are some pics of how it looks so far - let me know what you think! These are bricks, not static shapes, so lag shouldn't be a problem - in the first screenshot I had 100+ fps.

i think you should make the pine tree a bit thicker, it looks odd with the way each triangle sits on the very tip of the one below it.

Yes they are going to be zones; that's the problem I've been trying to resolve recently. I was able to make water bricks that work with the updated terrain bricks, but the water won't save for some reason. I'm thinking you can just spawn water with the mission editor, but it wouldn't be the same.
well i think i have 1 way to temporay solve it
yuo can have the colision be a bunch of plates and the render show a ramp
EX would be tele door?