Poll

Should the terrain bricks be able to use all 2x2 flat prints, or be restricted to ModTer prints?

Use all 2x2 flat print packs (more versatile)
27 (69.2%)
Be restricted to ModTer print packs (limits overwhelming the print GUI)
12 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: GSF Modular Terrain (4x Pack on RTB, please redownload)  (Read 143849 times)

COOOOOL! IM GETTING DAT stuff NOW!

I wish I could be able to overlap those

It would be useful for me to make race tracks

-snip-
Also, if u could build in water bricks...
GSF, can you try to put Squideet's brick texture pack in the prints for ModTerrain?

I have a serious problem

when I save a build with those bricks everything goes fine, but when i load again, only the 4x blocks dissapear

Please fix that, it's bothering me alot

-pic-
I have a serious problem

when I save a build with those bricks everything goes fine, but when i load again, only the 4x blocks dissapear
-pic-
Please fix that, it's bothering me alot
Since both the terrain bricks and water bricks are "zones," this creates an issue when they overlap and the terrain bricks won't load. Also, so far I don't think there is a way to make wedge bricks overlap either. Hopefully, Badspot can provide further support for this in the future, otherwise, there's not much I can do. :/

Also, if u could build in water bricks...
GSF, can you try to put Squideet's brick texture pack in the prints for ModTerrain?
I don't plan on releasing anymore updates to the terrain bricks or prints, at least not anytime soon, sorry.

Hey glad to see you're back GSF. :D

Great job on the bricks, they look great as terrain replacements.
Hey Oasis :) Thanks!

Update: Hey guys, I won't be checking this topic (or my PMs) that much anymore, nor will I providing updates to previous content. But, hopefully in the near future I will release unfinished content that the community can take over, such as modular castle bricks and the ModTer foliage bricks.

Edit: Here is the save for the "Radical Highway" racetrack build (requires ModTer Basic Pack, ModTer Inverted Pack, ModTer Default Prints, Zone Events and Large Cubes - recommended but not necessary, unless you want to edit the save). Build is not finished, but feel free to edit it. Just please give credit. Also, be sure to use the Speed Carts with this track and to activate the red flashing brick to activate the zones - otherwise the loops are impossible.
Radical_Highway.bls
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 07:42:29 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

What about your prints, I saw the castle print at your OP. I would like have them.

aaaaaaaaaaaaa you released the radical highway c: c: c: c: c:

I don't plan on releasing anymore updates to the terrain bricks or prints, at least not anytime soon, sorry.

:C

Hey, gsf, the radical highway is broken on the very first loop. Am I missing an addon?

What about your prints, I saw the castle print at your OP. I would like have them.
Sure, I'll release them too very soon.

Hey, gsf, the radical highway is broken on the very first loop. Am I missing an addon?
Hmm, you mean some bricks aren't loading? Make sure you have the following add-ons enabled before loading the save:
Modular Terrain - Basic Pack
Modular Terrain - Inverted Pack
Large Cubes
Modular Terrain - Default Prints
Zone Events
(Speed Carts)

wha

are you leaving again.

If you leave again, How I can reach to you?

You can still reach me through private messages.

Okay, most of my unfinished content has been released on the original post! Let me know if there are any issues.

Unfinished Content
Feel free to take over these projects, I won't be able to complete them; the source files are included. All I ask is that you give credit for the original idea and files, thanks. Brick saves use Trueno's colorset, modular terrain bricks and prints, and some use the Medieval pack.

Content Notes.docx
Important notes regarding the unfinished content and brick development.

Radical_Highway.bls
Here is the save for the "Radical Highway" racetrack build (requires ModTer Basic Pack, ModTer Inverted Pack, ModTer Default Prints, Zone Events and Large Cubes - recommended but not necessary, unless you want to edit the save). Build is not finished, but feel free to edit it. Also, be sure to use the Speed Carts with this track and to activate the red flashing brick to activate the zones - otherwise the loops are impossible.

ModCastle2.bls
A small castle build to test the Medieval bricks.

ModCastle3.bls
A large-scale, floating castle build using the Medieval bricks. Note: In order to edit (especially when undoing a planted brick) the save, you may need to build a foundation of Large Cubes (i.e. the 64x cubes). However, they may already be in the save file, I forgot. If you want to remove the large cubes later on from the save, just disable the Large Cubes add-on, load the save, and then resave.

ModTer_Island2.bls
A small island build using the Modular Terrain bricks. Note: the trees will not load, sorry. :/

Modular Hexagon Terrain
I lost the files to this add-on, but included it just to give ideas for future content.

Brick_GSFMedievalPack.zip
Print bricks that are meant to build medieval towns, castles, RPGs, etc., while using as few bricks as possible to reduce lag. This pack is meant to help supplement the removal of maps in the next update.

Brick_ModTer_DecorPack.zip
Decorative bricks for the Modular Terrain add-ons, which includes trees, plants, rocks, etc. The bricks are meant to be a hybrid of the blocky style of the game and to appear realistic and the same time (i.e. by using realistic textures/prints). They are not meant to act like regular bricks, but to appear almost like "static shapes" used in maps in the past, while also being versatile. This is also my attempt to help supplement the removal of maps and terrain in the next update.

Brick_SimplePrintDoors.zip
Simple doors that can be printed and are designed to reduce lag.

Print_ModTer_Default2.zip
A print pack for the Modular Terrain add-ons which includes tree, plant and other organic prints, as well as thumbnail names on print icons. Note: Please don't use this and the other default print pack at the same time, as this add-on includes some prints from the old default pack.

Print_ModTer_Building.zip
A print pack for the Modular Terrain add-ons which includes textures for building interiors and exteriors.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 02:00:59 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Sad to see you go ;c. Also could you attach the op for copy-paste incase someone wanted to repost it.

why are you leaving again all of a sudden?