GSF Modular Terrain (4x Pack on RTB, please redownload)

Poll

Should the terrain bricks be able to use all 2x2 flat prints, or be restricted to ModTer prints?

Use all 2x2 flat print packs (more versatile)
27 (69.2%)
Be restricted to ModTer print packs (limits overwhelming the print GUI)
12 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: GSF Modular Terrain (4x Pack on RTB, please redownload)  (Read 143982 times)

Fix the Decor pack Colision boxes, and add more stuff to it c:

The biomes looks too random :\

Quick question about the terrain gen, the bricks are all floating, right?

Quick question about the terrain gen, the bricks are all floating, right?
Hey kiwibear, yes they are. There will be an option for attaching them to the ground though, which will allow players to hammer them.

I can be beta tester or not?
I'll send you a PM.

Mind if I can be a beta tester too? I have lots of free time. Sorry for barging in. lol.

Sure, I'll definitely need help testing it when I host it on my server soon.

Hey kiwibear, yes they are. There will be an option for attaching them to the ground though, which will allow players to hammer them.
Would that happen to include the ones with caves? I'd assume not but I dunno if you have some crazy magical way of doing it so I thought I'd ask.

I'll send you a PM.
I got your message :D

GSF, you made it like minecraft! Next you should make a forest biome! (My suggestion) :)

Would that happen to include the ones with caves? I'd assume not but I dunno if you have some crazy magical way of doing it so I thought I'd ask.
Only the bottom cave layer in some cases.

I got your message :D
:)

GSF, you made it like minecraft! Next you should make a forest biome! (My suggestion) :)
Great suggestion, but the biomes are fully customizable lol. You can make whatever biomes you want.

Only the bottom cave layer in some cases.
And this is where you find my problem. As I said before, it's a high FACECOUNT, not a high BRICKCOUNT, that lags me. More empty space between bricks that nobody ever sees = more unnecessary rendering faces.

There will be options to help reduce the face-count. You can disable caves and enable solid ground, which will fill in those empty spaces. Even if you offset the terrain height to a scale other than 1, there will an option to fill in gaps between displaced bricks resting on the ground using 4x4F plates. You can also set the "terrain height offset" to a lower number, which will reduce the height of the caves and thus the number of bricks/faces rendered. Hopefully that won't be too much of an issue.

There will be options to help reduce the face-count. You can disable caves and enable solid ground, which will fill in those empty spaces. Even if you offset the terrain height to a scale other than 1, there will an option to fill in gaps between displaced bricks resting on the ground using 4x4F plates. You can also set the "terrain height offset" to a lower number, which will reduce the height of the caves and thus the number of bricks/faces rendered. Hopefully that won't be too much of an issue.
All right, I guess the thing is I'm hoping there will be a way to fill in the spots between the cave cieling and the ground above.

*sign*

Please, fix the colision boxes of the decor pack and make it load.

I am planning on remaking the decor pack (in which the collision and saving/loading issues will be fixed), but it will be after the terrain generator is released.